Having a pool built and need advice

Yeah if I do default it sets priming speed to 2500. I thought the desired prime speed was max speed.

EDIT: Ok I re-read your post. I got confused. You did say 2500 was the default. Well, I was trying to put it back the way it was when the PB handed it over. I have never seen it run at the default settings. Seems like they set it up to prime faster for shorter time, rather than prime slower for a longer time.

Who told you that? Try it. Set it, turn off the pump, open it up, close it, start it and see if it primes.

Who told you that
Apparently my rear end 😂
Try it. Set it, turn off the pump, open it up, close it, start it and see if it primes.
Yep seems to work fine... I think the way the PB set it mistakenly led me to believe those were the defaults.

I appreciate all the help!!

One unrelated thing I wanted to ask about. See attached picture below. I wanted to get more water flowing down the slide. I'm not sure how much water is supposed to flow down the thing, but it doesn't seem like enough to me. When I adjust it just 1 click more on the actuator, I get a huge splash of water coming out of the top. Either this is by design and indicates too much water flow, or there's something wrong with the slide causing all the water to rush out.

I did watch a few youtube videos of people using this slide (SR Smith Turbo Twister), but there's not really any good shots of the top part where the water comes out. Hopefully someone here knows a thing or two, or maybe has even seen or has this slide. Just looking for thoughts.

Qo3Zfbuu6KBLsTCEzmWo0VjmeFGD02kHV0sugnjJphgBr_NM1umqOi0F-Aa000SUpWud5T0dgNVbxPv6ED6ADCB7bNpmkxZvcCkfyDzV3tMxX3HmTNfbasWv_qYfQKjpbvDP1kIzP7_thg6xdqMRnehmXq08EY1-wr7ZalEwwgIzv5CFHXPh5HoNhK3DpVR2NBRY-hHkIWEFWAx2oDtZPorUiKqppM9djuuSPwgGwRgYehHxt7a1FwwVZEFZPxDKUqrej9U1vQ2ISzrN50gELBp6aVB69smogz5rWRgaQ5Q9_Le5mSr7EvrX3n1QwveQwUgldGHg4Y16w0YBzdm09i0P4MC5PbudhxHtcsYEPTF8Gd7xm4YicvIsJjE7fzvqS4RZcDfV8gASHf0Tp5zr-0wuY80HvM2fH8tYRj5PVJ15k0m7yAzl-T77zC3eZv022Ms-dkWjOGc2VymHSF49Bbiqf1bfuViPVy5me1BbMa0Ih5qEk5syPPg4nPZ0CkWLBOEUtd2JtvevbLXfoIhPFfByX-T7gGS1GE8IPCsegoWAyy6IU9kJ0ipm6OUU-7Y8uhSibAniNh2s3-GLGdLhmXiG6fL8aEAEyaxEQEtVNDZnDI0OGH5bLST9w7GAmOECn5LydX4GWG6UWVa7tp4HzxWAdsop-MYsqoKQp5aaoE0WCrWSS--clgCSSrOvD4gJsgV_KVtxyX959h_S5-hZP_3Fx3lLRDGBdMOczYjsvsvCB2v0QjCw-3gEJrYRq6UZSTQmyj2kd9fajmzkpemVv-xUzlDIL-ulLa6yYDW2aDUvxmDxCnhnSzTJPo-cU13Db30i5QnjjInp5jHkH4InwLnPishNvHg052HFYKyv_h1vgAeB6YZtjm7IhrvAVMk9pjoDJ1D7HoD0onlh4bjKGwgHcC5QuWojx6r4R2-LlD0ctQ=w2106-h1586-s-no

City failed my pool inspection:

:cry:

I failed on a couple issues. Unattached rebar (removed rebar), Not proper ground retention plan (planted grass), too big a gap under fence (pushed dirt under fence) and not using outdoor outlets (WR) (replaced outlets). No biggie, remediate and reinspect.

Reactions: Newdude
I was wondering if folks wouldn't mind taking a look at my pool math logs and let me know how I'm doing. I'm starting to get a better feel for my pool and want to check in and see if there's more room for improvement.

For the most part, I've found the sweet spot for my swg at 22%. Most days I come in at 10ppm CL which is great. The only thing I've had to do is add MA once every other day.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
You are doing fine. Just stay on top of keeping your pH in the 7's.
Advice I got from you many many pages ago was that when it gets over 8, add MA. I assume you aren't suggesting that I shouldn't let my pH creep over 8, but I do want to see if I should be doing something different, like adding more MA than I am, or something.

My test kit, for the upper 3 pH measurements, unfortunately only shows colors for 7.5, 7.8, and 8.2. When I add 32oz of MA, I am typically at 7.5 an hour later (I stopped testing so much to preserve my test chemicals). My plaster is hungry so 2 days later I'm at 8.2 again.

My test kit unfortunately only shows colors for 7.5, 7.8, and 8.2. When I add 32oz of MA, I am typically at 7.5 an hour later (I stopped testing so much to preserve my test chemicals). My plaster is hungry so 2 days later I'm at 8.2 again.

That's about the best you can do. On average you are in the 7's most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: voidpointer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regarding the autofill, I've noticed it's constantly running. I've verified that the water isn't draining through the overflow (the water line is still below it). It's just barely running. So little that I can't hear it unless the lid is off and I put my ear down to it. Also the water level has remained consistent the past 2+ weeks.

My guess is that, since we really haven't had any significant rain the past few weeks, it's filling at the rate water is evaporated from the pool. I don't know if that's true or not but I can't find any other explanation.

Any thoughts?

Seeing as how I'm going to need MA constantly, especially until my plaster isn't considered "new" anymore, does anyone have any purchasing advice? I'm super lazy and typically like to order stuff online (usually Amazon). Amazon has the "green" MA which I think sucks and is questionable. If nothing else, expensive compared to the kemtech 20 baume stuff I'm getting at Lowes.

What are the more seasoned pool owners doing for MA?

Seeing as how I'm going to need MA constantly, especially until my plaster isn't considered "new" anymore, does anyone have any purchasing advice? I'm super lazy and typically like to order stuff online (usually Amazon). Amazon has the "green" MA which I think sucks and is questionable. If nothing else, expensive compared to the kemtech 20 baume stuff I'm getting at Lowes.

What are the more seasoned pool owners doing for MA?

I buy 8 gallons at the beginning of the season and it usually gets me through most of it. Last batch was like $12/gallon. I will probably need a couple extra gallons this year since I opened early. I keep mine in the garage and only leave the 1 gallon I am using by my equipment pad.

BTW: I am in my 7th season and still using around a gallon of 20 baume a week.

Reactions: voidpointer
BTW: I am in my 7th season and still using around a gallon of 20 baume a week.
That's actually surprising to me. I was reading other posts on the forums where folks talk about adding MA only once every 1-2 weeks. I thought that pH rising rapidly was only an issue for me due to new plaster, but I figured it would normalize after a year or so, like others said here a while back.

The Kemtek MA gallon jugs have those peeling seals on the opening. The same kind of ones you sometimes find on milk jugs. However, the acid seems to eat them apart so they don't peel off easily. Usually there's a plastic film left over that's separated from what is removed. It's really difficult to get off without touching. I've tried using pliers but it's a PITA.

Any tips on how to remove the seals more easily?

I took a 30 minute swim in the pool today with the kids. It felt pretty good. Pool temp got up to 81F for the first time. I did notice my eyes are burning after getting out of the pool, not sure if that's just a me problem or if I'm doing something wrong with the water. It's not too bad though.

Probably from the PH on the higher side. It's going to want to be high for a while.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.