Have everything ready....well, almost

and I am so silly...I was thinking the sand filter was one unit for approx $300 then the pump was another for $300 +....I just looked up your set and realized they come together. I think I may just go for what you have....Hayward Pro Series 21 inch sand filter, 1.5 HP PowerFlo Matrix pump but IDK......thanks everyone for your help

I suggest setting it up as is. Don't stress over it. Then you will know more about pools and the intricacies of having one, and you can make upgrades if you need to, with more knowledge backing you up.
I needed that suggestion. I feel like I stalk this page everyday and being OCD, I find I am always missing something. AT this rate, my pool will NEVER be up and running. So, that's what I am going to do. As long as you tell me I can swim in it...I will be happy :) THANK YOU ALL

and I am so silly...I was thinking the sand filter was one unit for approx $300 then the pump was another for $300 +....I just looked up your set and realized they come together. I think I may just go for what you have....Hayward Pro Series 21 inch sand filter, 1.5 HP PowerFlo Matrix pump but IDK......thanks everyone for your help
Mine was $500 for the combo on Amazon. The other thing to consider is intex pumps are double insulated and don't require bonding. The Hayward requires bonding and that is a whole other ball of wax to get into.

Hello. Please don’t stress over all of this. If I were you, I would use what you have for now and learn your pool. With so many shortages, prices are ridiculous! I have the Intex sand pump filter combo and it works just fine. Your pool holds about 14k gallons? The pump says it is for pools up to 15k gallons. If you decide later on that you want a bigger/better pump, hopefully you can get one that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

Don’t be afraid of the test kit! It is easy and it is fun to feel like a mad scientist.

The ladder is Crud, but it will work until you find something you like better. I have the Confer steps, and I do not use a mat in my pool.

• Love
Reactions: nantucker22
I feel that u have 2 of the same thread going

I feel that u have 2 of the same thread going
I do....I apologize as I wasn't sure where to put things and if I was explaining myself correctly ha ha ha. Bear with me...I WILL get better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.