Has anyone used the Pebble Tech warranty?

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi.. I have been using TFP guidance and pool is doing great. TFP guidance is a bit different than PTI guidelines in its warranty. Has anyone here had to use the PTI warranty? What is the impact of an occasional CSI outside the range do to the warranty?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190830-124913_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190830-124913_Drive.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 10
Actually they are not when you focus on this sentence:

2019-08-30_1359.png

Both PT and TFP guidelines for plaster pools look to keep the CSI/LSI between 0.3 and -0.3.

Occasional CSI/LSI outside that range are unavoidable as pH and temperature fluctuate. Any damage comes from water chemistry being outside the range consistently for long periods of time. As long as you bring the water chemistry back within range whenever you check it you will be fine.

PT also has different recommended water chemistry for chlorine pools and SWG pools.

I believe you can follow TFP recomme3nded levels and be in compliance with the PT Warranty.

Thanks. The SWG guidance helps, although TFP has me keeping the FC higher. That shouldn't be a big deal (I hope) if I ever need warranty service. I had been happy to stay in the the -.6 to .6 CSI range shown by poolmath, rather than .3, -.3. Also, my pH keeps floating up, and based on guidance here on the site I haven't been trying to keep it below 7.8. I'm wondering if anyone has had pushback from Pebble Tec over that kind of variance...

Chlorine level does not affect CSI/LSI.

The PT warranty only covers defects in the materials. Almost all warranty claims are for poor installtion which is not PTs responsibility. Unless they sent the installer bad bags of material then PT has no liability. That's why you should be looking at the installers warranty, and not PTs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.