Thank you for the info. I wonder how long this will last and how reliable and durable etc. Please keep us updated if you purchase this.

Brentr said:
Thank you for the info. I wonder how long this will last and how reliable and durable etc. Please keep us updated if you purchase this.
I have had a Softtub 220 for 15 years. I had it re-skinned about five years ago as the vinyl was getting a bit scratched, and now the cover is sagging a bit and may eventually need replacement, but it continues to work well. They retail for somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 to $3300. All you do it plug them into a 15 amp 110 v circuit, add water and chemicals, and you're in business. We run ours year-round with an upper deck keeping the snow and ice off it. Cheap to run - about $10 a month for electricity. You can move it easily, by using a screwdriver to disconnect the pack on the side that contains the pump/heater, and rolling the empty tub anywhere you want. Weighs about 65 lbs so you can easily get it on a pickup to move it to the cottage for the summer. The 220 is for four people. They also offer a six person version.

derekm said:
Brentr said:
I have had a Softtub 220 for 15 years. I had it re-skinned about five years ago as the vinyl was getting a bit scratched, and now the cover is sagging a bit and may eventually need replacement, but it continues to work well. They retail for somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 to $3300. All you do it plug them into a 15 amp 110 v circuit, add water and chemicals, and you're in business. We run ours year-round with an upper deck keeping the snow and ice off it. Cheap to run - about $10 a month for electricity. You can move it easily, by using a screwdriver to disconnect the pack on the side that contains the pump/heater, and rolling the empty tub anywhere you want. Weighs about 65 lbs so you can easily get it on a pickup to move it to the cottage for the summer. The 220 is for four people. They also offer a six person version.
Derekm, how hot does the water get and how long does it take to get hot? Have you had any problems with the pumps etc. We would probably be interested in the smaller one as it would be used by DW and I. Thanks in advance :cheers: :cheers:

Derekm, how hot does the water get and how long does it take to get hot? Have you had any problems with the pumps etc. We would probably be interested in the smaller one as it would be used by DW and I. Thanks in advance :cheers: :cheers:
The water gets to 104 fahrenheit. It takes about 30 hours to get it up to temp from well water temp, so I fill with water from my hot water tank to get it up to temp a little quicker. Another possibility in the summer would be to pump over some 80 degree water from the pool. Heatup time is not a big issue as I only drain and refill twice a year, and do it overnight on a weekday when I am not planning to use it. I keep it heated 365 days a year, so it is always up to temp except at water change time.
No problems with the plumbing, but had to replace the logic board once, and the GCFI on the end of the cord another time. Also, be sure there is nothing else on the circuit, as this thing uses most of the 15 amps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.