Grout cracking between coping and tile

The grout between my coping and tile is cracking in about 30% of my pool at the shallow end. Besides the aesthetics will this cause any other damage to the pool or the coping that I need to make the repair as soon as possible?

I was reading another thread about four years ago that I did not quite understand. What is recommended at this joint caulk or grout?

The grout is falling out between my coping and tile in a about a 20 foot section of my pool. My decking is pavers. Is there any problems this can cause with water getting in there and lifting the coping? I feel that any water that gets in there will not stay since I have pavers and my soil is very sandy and doesn't hold any water.

Can regrouting be done without taking the water out of the pool and not making a mess in the water?

IMG_0729.jpeg

Typically, that area is caulked not grouted. Can you tell from the pieces that are falling out if it is a silicone based caulk or a cement based grout?

To replace it, you will need to clean out all that is left in there and then regrout. You will need to lower the pool water level some to give you some working room.

I would suggest looking into using a silicone based caulk/grout for that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.