greetings from North FL

JessieB

Mar 3, 2019
Tallahassee FL
Hello! We have had increasing larger above ground pools over the last 8 years and last year was the first where the algae go the best of me. I put in so much time, money and work trying to get the pool straight and it was hardly swimmable the whole summer. hoping to learn more here and have a sparkling pool this year!

Jessie! I am also in T-town!!! HI NEIGHBOR!!!

You have come to the right place to get your pool clear and to keep it clear!

How big is the pool you have now? How is it looking today with all of the rain we have had?

How have you been adding FC (Free Chlorine) to you pool up until now? Powder shock? Pucks/tablets? liquid chlorine?

Here is a link so you can start learning our "language" TFPC for Beginners

Kim:kim:

Jessie! I am also in T-town!!! HI NEIGHBOR!!!

You have come to the right place to get your pool clear and to keep it clear!

How big is the pool you have now? How is it looking today with all of the rain we have had?

How have you been adding FC (Free Chlorine) to you pool up until now? Powder shock? Pucks/tablets? liquid chlorine?

Here is a link so you can start learning our "language" TFPC for Beginners

Hi Kim,

We have used the 3" tabs in the past and then last year I was dumping straight bleach in the pool. I also use powder shock.

Thanks for the link! Got some studying to do .. our pool is a green swamp right now :(

So if you used tabs and powder shock your CYA (pool stabilizer) might be a bit high BUT with all of the rain we have had your CYA levels might be okay.

Now lets talk about how you can best take care of your pool-a good test kit of your own! Spending this little bit of money will save you SO much money down the road you will be glad you did it. Here is a link to the test kits we endorse: Trouble Free Pool I will tell you that I think the TF-100 is the best bang for the buck as it has more of the regents we use the most. With you having a green swamp you will need the XL part of it.

What general part of town do you live in? I am on the West side off the Parkway. I get my liquid chlorine from the ACE up the road across from the Walmart.