Drew_Dogggg

Apr 7, 2023
Buford Georgia
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello all. I’m Drew and I’ve had my pool for an entire week now and I had no idea what I was getting myself into as a pool owner. The amount of information is overwhelming but I love learning especially when I can protect my investment. I’m looking forward to reading the forums and asking questions. Our pool contractor paid for pool service for a few months so I guess I have that time to try to understand what I’m doing. My first order of business I guess is to get the Taylor test kit. After that it’s off to the deep in head first. You all have a wonderful weekend!
Drew

Hey Drew and Welcome.

Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared

The TF-pro or TF-pro salt (if applicable) are the hands down winners once you add the smart stir (TRUST me you WANT one) to the K2006C for a similar price. The pro salt adds a $30 salt test kit for an extra $20, beating the 2006C + added kit again.
I’m looking forward to reading the forums and asking questions
We got you. We were all there at one point and never forgot how bad it sucked. Ask away anytime and we'll help. If it's 3AM you might get one of our Aussie friends, like @mgtfp. They talk funny but KNOW their stuff.

Ask away anytime and we'll help. If it's 3AM you might get one of our Aussie friends, like @mgtfp. They talk funny but KNOW their stuff.

As long as we don't talk to much in autumn about colours, you won't notice too much funny talking. Generally, we honour those tiny differences from our neighbours across the pond with humour. We also try to minimise mentioning words like oxidising and catalysing, which unfortunately do pop up occasionally in a chemical context. I recognise that our funny way of talking can sometimes have a paralysing effect, and I do apologise for that in advance.

We also have our issues with Fahrenheit and inches, and drop the occasional Celsius and meter metre here.

But let's try to emphasise what we have in common and enjoy a nice draught cold beverage :cheers: .

Even though it might still be hot beverage time on your side of the pond.

Newdude is right of course. We got you, Drew, even at 3am. You'll be right, mate!

Dodgy as...

Speaking of loos: We should start an intercontinental transequatorial investigation on the direction of the vortex.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Drew, welcome to TFP :handwave: Always good to have another Dawg in the forums.
Do us a favor and go to your settings and fill out a signature line.... details about your pool, its finish, equipment, how you chlorinate and test, blah blah blah..... it helps us when you ask a question and we can read what your working with. Thanks!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Drew_Dogggg
Drew, welcome to TFP :handwave: Always good to have another Dawg in the forums.
Do us a favor and go to your settings and fill out a signature line.... details about your pool, its finish, equipment, how you chlorinate and test, blah blah blah..... it helps us when you ask a question and we can read what your working with. Thanks!

Maddie :flower:
Thank you for the welcome. I’m still working on learning what equipment I have. Sorry but when I say I’m new. I’m new 😞… I had to look up some of these acronyms. I will update it as soon as possible.