Greetings from beautiful Tulsa! It is Spring!

Fitty Trent

Apr 7, 2021
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hello,

I'm Trent from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I think this may be the place I've been looking for. My story (poolwise):

We bought this great house a couple of years ago and the agreement was that my wife wanted a pool and I wanted a garage (5 cars). So we got that. The pool and house are awesome. The house is a 1957 and the pool was installed in 1983. I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with the original pump and that's the main reason I ended up here. The pool is well configured in my opinion. 23,000 gallons, 20x40. It has a Pac Fab Hydropump 2HP right now and I think that's the right size. All of the inground piping is 1.5 inch unfortunately. I saw another post about a person with the same thing. I'm going to try and have everything 2 inch on the pad.

I know that we're all going variable speed from here on and that is great. I was a proponent of that prior to needing a pump. Now I'm on the hot seat and desperately need a new pump.

Since the old pump is 2HP I'd like to stick with that but I'm not finding it. I'm seeing a 1.85 option and the next size up is 2.7?

As far as brands go I really don't care. I realize that Pentair and Hayward are the leaders but I've always been hot on giving any startup a chance. I would like something leading edge but this does not seem like the place I'm going to find WiFi and Bluetooth compatibility. :)

The warranty and rebate situation seem to be based on having an installer? I don't get that one.

I'm super into DIY but this is foreign to me. I'm catching on quick but there's more to keeping a pool clean than I thought! It always looked like a black art but it is just math and chemistry.

So let me have it. Any brand/size/vendor advice on a pump would be great. I need to get something on the way pretty quick like.

Good to meet you - Trent

Attachments

• PoolSansPumpA.jpg
    PoolSansPumpA.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 13
  • PoolSansPumpB.jpg
    PoolSansPumpB.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to TFP Trent, I am just down from you :)

Here is a waterway 2.7 VS that is in stock and uses the V green motor that is outstanding.. I replaced my 2 speed with a 1.65 and love it...

Because of the freeze in TX there are very few pumps in stock right now...

here is a Pentair if you want

Hi Trent! I'm a stones throw from you over in BA. I am using the Pentair pump that Casey linked to. It is awesome.

I agree on the warranty deal and having a certified installer do the work. It's dumb. I care way more about the install than they do.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.