Green Water - Pollen?

You can get very reasonably priced sub pumps from Harbor Freight or Home Depot. You do not need the monster units you rent. Those are like 2HP and drain your pool in a couple hours. A 1/4 or 1/3 hp one is all you need.

If you have a manual vacuum hose for the pool, those work great. Just put the vacuum head on it and feed the entire hose into the water to make sure it fills with water. Then pull the end over the side and lay it wherever you want the water to go. It'll drain pretty fast with that bigger hose. But you can do the same with just plain old garden hoses.

I finally got the TF100 testing kit in on Wednesday. In the meantime I did slam in the dark flying blind as the situation was pretty critical. My water is back to a nice blue. I did not empty any water.

When I tested my water two days ago:

PH: 7
CYA: 65
FC: 37.5
CC: 1

The FC was definitely high since I started the SLAM with no testing. I did an OCLT between yesterday and today. I was at 32 FC at 9pm and tested at 6am at 31 FC so that's a pass which is great. No more visible algae either.

My question is the following - is it safe to swim or do I need to wait till FC levels fall back to normal range? I'm seeing in some places that I can technically safely swim up to shock level so that would be a FC of 26 based on my CYA but I'm seeing tons of contradiction on that. Going to be super nice today so wanted to check and see your thoughts.

Thanks again for all your help here! Glad that my pool is back in working order :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.