I ask because 20 lbs of dichlor will add 60 ppm CYA to that pool. Add in continued tablet use and I find 40 PPM CYA to not be a believable number.
If you’re keeping the pool at shock level per the cya, the algae will die. Period. Something isn’t adding up here, and in my opinion it’s the testing numbers. A good kit like a Taylor K2006 will tell the true story

I have a Taylor kit and Aquacheck silver strips. Don't have a pic of the equipment pad but it consists of Whisperflow 1hp, TA-60, 2 valves suction side one for skimmer one for main drain, 1 return line devided into 4 eyeball returns. 1 cut out Polaris pump, Pentair offline chlorinator and an old dog toy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. You will be very benefited if you purchased a Taylor K2006C, which will help you in your job from here on. We would only be helpful if you post test result from this type of kit, FAS-DPD(we dont trust pool store test or guess strips). Any pool that has algae needs to follow a proper SLAM Process, to do so you will need to test the pool every few hours, not just 2 times a week. Please post a full set of test result with the Taylor K-2006C like this:
FC
PH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Reactions: Ryscott
Thanks. You will be very benefited if you purchased a Taylor K2006C, which will help you in your job from here on. We would only be helpful if you post test result from this type of kit, FAS-DPD(we dont trust pool store test or guess strips). Any pool that has algae needs to follow a proper SLAM Process, to do so you will need to test the pool every few hours, not just 2 times a week. Please post a full set of test result with the Taylor K-2006C like this:
FC
PH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
I will get a new kit and post results. This is a service customer not my home. Theres no way I can test every couple of hours lol. Thanks for the advice on the kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.