Greece in Georgia - Taking Bids

6" is a little shallow for a tanning ledge.
Right you are. Already discussed with the PB. Changed to 12" so the toddlers can chase the adults out of their loungers. I'd thought about a little deeper, but some of the loungers would be submerged.

Reactions: kimkats
Do you think they are done? When you think they are done you have your first "job" as a pool owner.......take the plans and a tape measure out to the pool.....is it wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the the time to fix/tweak!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: TecHHeadDD
Nice clean dig they got a good operator. Tape measure all of it as suggested
Measured 53" to the center of the skimmers from the floor of the excavation. Water depth desired is 48", which leaves 5" for rebar and concrete on the floor under the pool floor. Does that seem appropriate?

Width of the excavated walls measures 20' but the contract calls for a 20' wide pool. Once rebar and concrete are applied to the walls there may be as much as a foot less width? Am I missing insight on industry standard as to what constitutes width - actual water width inside or the form of the pool outside the walls ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
theres gonna be more than 5" when gunite guys are done. its kind of common to have variations the guys just slam it in and the measurements are rough. hes gonna offer to take a little money off the price instead of fixing it. fixing it is a pain in the you know what

Reactions: TecHHeadDD
theres gonna be more than 5" when gunite guys are done. its kind of common to have variations the guys just slam it in and the measurements are rough. hes gonna offer to take a little money off the price instead of fixing it. fixing it is a pain in the you know what
Roger that. Had the site manager out, and it did turn out that the width was cut to form not to water width. A failure to communicate. They'll back out that cost. I don't want to start from scratch. Turns out with people trapped at home for the summer, they've been up to their elbows in calls for pools. For now I'm at the front of the line. 18 x 42 will be livable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.