Granite Pool Coping

Apr 14, 2018
Meridian, ID
Looking for advice on granite pool coping. Located in Boise, ID. Working with a mason that's recommending leathered textured granite pool coping. Pool is a free form shape so he would custom cut from granite slabs. He said he's installed many of these down south but hasn't done one in our area.
I haven't been able to find really detailed information on granite pool coping online. I saw a few mentions that it should be sandblasted to reduce slickness. I've read seal it, I've read don't seal it...

Anyone have experience with this?

Welcome to the forum!
I would think granite would work well if you can get it textured. I would not think you would need to seal it. Only thing I know that can effect granite is oils.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Good thoughts Marty and I agree. We need some of our NE folks to chime in. But they are likely busy gassing up the snowblowers and spraying Pam on their snow shovels.

Allows the wet slushy snow to slide off easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.