Got my Testing Kit

Yes. That is all you need is liquid chlorine.

Test the pH and FC every couple days this time of year. If you have unusual FC loss, such as much above 1 ppm per day, then let us know.

Reactions: lee.tonya
Lee,

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place. We don't sell anything. All we have is experts like Marty here to help you learn TFP methods to maintain a superb looking pool using dirt cheap generic chemicals. Please readABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ask any questions you have.

Chris

Lee,

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place. We don't sell anything. All we have is experts like Marty here to help you learn TFP methods to maintain a superb looking pool using dirt cheap generic chemicals. Please readABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and ask any questions you have.

Chris
Thank you Chris! I’ve read and read and read while I waited for my testing kit to arrive. I started with an unsightly green pool when I found TFP! I slammed the daylights out of my pool blindly for 2 weeks and vacuumed and scrubbed and cleaned filters, etc waiting for my test kit to arrive! Lo and behold I finally seen a blue pool a few days before my kit arrived! I put 5 gallons of bleach in every night and scrubbed every day! Now that I have my kit, it’ll be much easier to stay ahead of the game! I’m just not sure if I should close my pool now that I got it to where it needs to be or just continue to maintain until pool season gets here!!
Thanks Tonya

Lee,

Glad to hear it's going well for you. I never close my pool way down south here. So probably best to see what an expert like Marty advises or somebody that lives up north. I think @ajw22 and/or @Jimrahbe may be in that category.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tony,

awj22 (Allen) lives in Northern NJ and I live in North Texas so our wintertime pool routine is quite different. I'm pretty sure he closes his pool, while most people in Texas do not..

Although we are supposed to get "snow" tomorrow.. If any of it sticks to the roads, we will be shut down for a week.. :mrgreen:

In your location I'd just make sure the pump is running anytime the temperature is forecast to get below freezing..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.