Glacier cooler pump

Harrington1

Jun 18, 2022
MS
My pump stopped working on my glacier pool cooler any videos or manuals on replacing it? I have a new pump but not sure about getting old one out and new one in. Looks like I’ll need to take one side of the unit off to access the pump.

Welcome to TFP! I have a Glacier Chiller myself. Mine is only one year old. The owner's manual does not have pump removal instructions or any maintenance part replacement instructions.

However, I would imagine by removing the lower basin screen cover(s), you may be able to look at the components/connections of the current pump and match up with the new pump. Now keep in mind there will be electrical connections that you would have to swap over too. Ensure the breaker is off before reaching into the basin to look at or remove the basin pump.

My pump is still working after 5+ years, but I did have to re-attach it to the basin. Seems that Glacier was skimping on the PVC glue and I guess the vibration caused it to detach. I was able to re-attach it by removing the debris screen. It was pretty easy. Wiring looks relatively simple.

I replaced the fan motor last year. Other than getting the fan blades off, that’s also pretty easy if you ever need to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.