Getting my numbers right

Louisianagirl

Jul 26, 2020
Louisiana
I drained and refilled my pool due to the algae problem being way out of hand. Once the pool was filled back up my numbers were:
TC-0
FC-0
PH-6.2
TA-120
CYA-0

I didn’t add any acid as my TA levels were in range and my PH was just a little low, figured that would raise with Aeration. I added 4lbs of stabilizer, and dumped in bleach until my FC got to 12ppm. I’ve brushed and vacuumed regularly and have added bleach when I have chlorine loss. I am 2 days in and my numbers this morning are:
TC-10
FC-10
PH-8.4
TA-120
CYA-50

I know I need to add more bleach to get my chlorine level back up to 12ppm but my question now is, is it too late to add the acid to drop my PH level? What step should I take next? I’m still a fairly new pool owner, this being my 2nd summer and it’s still stressing me out 😩

Your pH test can be effected by the FC level at 10 ppm or above. But I would think it is safe to lower your pH a bit. Since a pH of 8.4 is not measurable with normal testing methods, how are you getting that number? I would assume it is 8 and target 7.4 for your Poolmath entry.
At a CYA of 50, your SLAM level FC is now 20 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.