getting FC level up

arbernet

Jul 27, 2019
Atlanta, ga
I am having trouble getting my free chlorine levels up. My test results are attached. I use a TF 100 for testing. 7.5% chlorine. the chlorine requirement shown is from the pool math app
i put 80 oz of acid in and aerated for 6 hours.

test results.jpg

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
last night 4.0
this morning 3.0

i think i found my problem though, I have been testing in the morning and adding in the evening.
Should have been obvious but that's what rookies do.
Finding TFP and starting BBB has been life changing.
reduced work load , reduced chemical supply, reduced stress. enjoying the pool more.
thankful for this forum.

as a point of reference, this is my aeration method.

Attachments

• areation.jpg
    areation.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 10
  • areation.jpg
    areation.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 11
You are flirting with the minimum FC for your CYA. For a CYA of 40, make sure it stays in the target range of 5-7 most/all of the day. That means add FC to bring it to 7-8 so that as your chlorine gets used up you stay in the 5-7 range, and are well above the minimum FC of 3.

PS - Nice backyard setup and aeration method.

You are flirting with the minimum FC for your CYA. For a CYA of 40, make sure it stays in the target range of 5-7 most/all of the day. That means add FC to bring it to 7-8 so that as your chlorine gets used up you stay in the 5-7 range, and are well above the minimum FC of 3.

PS - Nice backyard setup and aeration method.
thanks. I am trying to get to 7 and think i now have a proper methodology.
I appreciate the input

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.