Georgia Pool Build.... FIRED PB need advice please!!!

Re: Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :)

Not to stop anyone from buying the SR Smith hoop, but I had to file a warranty claim this morning since the sides of the backboard are cracking....let's see how their customer service is and what they plan on doing.

Backboard Cracks 1.jpg

Last edited:

Not to stop anyone from buying the SR Smith hoop, but I had to file a warranty claim this morning since the sides of the backboard are cracking....let's see how their customer service is and what they plan on doing.

View attachment 50297

wow! How long have you had it? Is it one of the ones made for a SWG pool, or does that even matter on the acrylic backboard?

Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :)

It's called "crazing" and it's a type of internal mechanical defect that all clear plastics suffer from when exposed to heat and UV. I'm sure SR Smith will do well but to prevent it on a new replacement you should cover the hoop when not in use with an opaque nylon type cover designed for outdoor use.

Crazing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's called "crazing" and it's a type of internal mechanical defect that all clear plastics suffer from when exposed to heat and UV. I'm sure SR Smith will do well but to prevent it on a new replacement you should cover the hoop when not in use with an opaque nylon type cover designed for outdoor use.

Crazing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info.

The warranty is 3 years.

I'm blown away. Received a response already and they are sending me a new backboard. A big thumbs up to SR Smith.

Now I need to buy a cover for extra protection.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Great that you could use the existing slope for the slide installation. Looks very clean.
I would just order the hoop with the anchors. A few dollars potentially saved versus possible headaches and delays aren't worth it.

Great that you could use the existing slope for the slide installation. Looks very clean.
I would just order the hoop with the anchors. A few dollars potentially saved versus possible headaches and delays aren't worth it.

Thanks! I had originally had my heart set on a roman or geometric pool, but changed my mind because the hill was screaming for a slide. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.