Georgia Pool Build.... FIRED PB need advice please!!!

Re: Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :)

I have rebar! We're hoping to have gunite Thursday.
20160521_153042_resized.jpg
My loungers came and they fit on the ledge....although I do wish I made the ledge bigger since there will also be bubblers.
20160520_203536_resized.jpg
My son and dog are very much enjoying the hills of dirt!!! It will be a happy day for me and a sad day for them when it's taken away.
IMG_20160522_133212.jpg
20160522_150714_resized.jpg
I found the PERFECT jump rock yesterday....it looks just like a diving board. :D
20160522_181530_resized.jpg

LOVE it! That is MADE to be a jump rock! NICE!

You know you can make the ledge bigger NOW if your want!!!! They can add more steel and fill it up with gunite............Just saying!

Kim:cat:

Up with the sun to water the shotcrete for the first time this morning!! Any opinions on how long to cure before tile? I'm curious because my builder said a few days is sufficient. The shotcrete guy said at least a couple of weeks.

20160531_065556_resized.jpg

Still not thrilled with the stair location since I didn't want to build them into the tanning ledge. I'm sure once we're use to them there it won't be a problem though... and it'll allow easy access to the slide.

20160531_065611_resized.jpg

Stairs attract people. It will cause people to migrate over that way which will subsequently leave the area closer to the house somewhat less crowded during gatherings and "use" your whole deck more fully. That's my positive spin.

Our stairs are never used so having yours near the slide is a good move, since they will get used.

Really!? The oldsters just jump in? [emoji3]

I think the stairs by the slide is a GOOD thing! It will mean you do not have to worry about people running up the ledge to go back down the slide! It will be easy enough for them to swim up to the bench and from there to the ledge! :sun:

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone!! :cool:

The kids in the neighborhood already come over OFTEN to play. I imagine with the pool that will only increase. So, that was our thought process with moving the stairs away from the ledge. I've picked up way too many call shifts to afford this pool to not have my own happy place on the tanning ledge haha.

I'm thinking about matching my coping to my pavers...any opinions? The image below shows the exact pavers that we'll be using. I'm not good at these decisions!!!! I change my mind regarding waterline tile everyday.

poolcoping2_full.jpg

I'm thinking about matching my coping to my pavers...any opinions? The image below shows the exact pavers that we'll be using. I'm not good at these decisions!!!! I change my mind regarding waterline tile everyday.

View attachment 49527

WOW! That looks REALLY nice!!! You lose the effect of having a different coping material "offset" the pool edge BUT i have to say I really like that look as well. I like it, it's got my vote!

I ran to NPT during my lunch break and saw this tile. Inside the showroom I didn't love it....

IMG_20160607_130846.jpg

but, the salesman took it outside for me to see it in the sunshine and it was such a difference! I'm waiting to find out the upgrade price from my builder.

20160607_123403.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.