Geometric Houston pool

Good points Karen. I'm sure once everything is complete, we won't notice it so much anymore. But it is so stark out in the yard now with just a pool shell and BRIGHT WHITE concrete. I told my husband, I'm really glad we didn't go with the ivory decking now. Too light! We are meeting with our landscaper tomorrow to finalize the plans. It will be nice to get some greenery back there.

Once there is water in the pool you won't notice much of anything after that. It is easy to focus on minor flaws with things happening one at a time. But, once it is all finished it all becomes background noise and the fun begins!

It WILL be fine! The color will help so much! There will be small things that are not purrfect but that is life. It adds interest to the overall look.

Like Karen said once you add the stuff to the area such as chairs and flowers no one will even notice it.

Kim

So after my husband saw the deck work, he pitched a fit with the PB. The crooked seam going to the drain is what tipped him over the edge. To be fair, it is right in front when you walk outside and is pretty noticeable. We were so unhappy, we were prepared to have the deck torn up and re-started. We have been nice so far, and bit our tongue when he plowed right through an underground lower line while excavating the pool. He didn't offer to help with the $7,000 bill to hand dig and reroute the entire power line he should have checked for in the first place. So nice or not, we expressed our extreme unhappiness with this deck work and said he would not want to use us as a reference if this wasn't fixed.

PB sub got in touch with the PB who had the head foreman of the concrete company come out to take a look. He agreed to rip out the crooked seam, re-pour the concrete and stamp the area again. This happened Christmas Eve. They were supposed to be out Friday for staining but the weather has been pretty rainy.

We are satisfied with the fix and glad we spoke up. Just realizing that this process has built-in let-downs all over the place. The challenge is to still appreciate the overall, right?

Before

After

Question, did either of you see that actually torn out? I ask because it looks like its been poured over to eliminate the seam only. I worry that is that is what happened it might chip away with age. I had a driveway repaired that way many years ago and that which was poured on top crumbled.

Glock good question. I was here and saw them jackhammer that whole section and pour the concrete. Witnessed them stamping it too. I'm guessing (hoping) that the stain will match both areas once they are done.

Dumbcluck I agree but if you've ever read the pool contract, it pretty much favors the PB if something like this happens. My husband reads contracts for a living and he's already gone over it with a fine-toothed comb :( Still makes me irritated to think about it.

Imperator, yes we had smaller strips of wood placed over the gaps in our fencefor privacy and aesthetics. If you look in the previous pictures, you can see the original fence.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The weather has been so overcast and rainy here, nothing much has happened. We picked out our fire pit glass, woohoo!

The sun came out for the first time in about 2 weeks and just in time for plaster. The crew arrived this am and were done by the time I got home in the afternoon. We went with Wet Edge Satin Matrix Antigua for the pool and Primera Stone Tahoe Coast for the spa. They are coming back tomorrow to finish sanding the spa plaster, acid wash and start filling. So exciting! It's really starting to come together now especially since our landscaping has started too.

Next up is to finish the fire/water bowls then stain and finish the deck. PB wants to do the deck last so the other subs don't mess it up. It's hard to get a timeline out of him but I'm guessing/hoping it will be done by next week.

Wow! Wow! Wow! It looks fabulous. I love that you did a different color in the spa. The landscaping looks great too - how exciting and congratulations. Good luck tomorrow on pool file - don't forget to time it for us - Karen

Yes the initial green will go away. Ours looked just the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.