Geometric Houston pool

Aaaannd we have blue water!

Deck finished Saturday. The guys stained it kind of a variegated pattern to match the stone on the wall but it looked splotchy so DH and I asked them to even it out a bit. But to do that, they had to stain the lighter parts darker. So it came out darker overall than we wanted but not a deal-breaker. We are still pleased overall.

We have been brushing the pool daily. Anyone know how long we have to do this? It's a work out for sure. In floor drains should start up this week - will be nice to get that muck off the floor. Firebowls and fire pit on schedule for this week too.

I am really happy with the Antigua finish. It is exactly what we wanted.

Spa overflow

Does the color difference between the spa and pool look wonky?

We are hoping to get that playset cleaned up and assembled this week along with the rest of the landscaping. And grass!!! How exciting not to have a mud pit in the backyard!

Beautiful pool April! And I like the deck stain color too!
Expect to be brushing until you stop getting plaster dust in the bottom of the pool. That usually takes a month to 6 weeks.
Most folks here at TFP will say you need to brush 2 or 3 times a day. It's a chore!

If you dont have a Wall Whale Brush, it might be worth considereing getting one. Makes brushing walls much easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Qq0qYq1sI

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4gxoy591cr_b

Very nice! I really love that tile on the spa! You're going to have a great summer!

Dave, will I need to brush past the 6 weeks? I'm just hesitant to buy a new brush if it's only for the short term.

The pool is looking better everyday - the color is really developing and looking so good! The Paramount in-floor cleaner people are coming out next week to check the system and make sure its functioning properly. It seems like it's working well so far, there's just one section where dust and dirt are settling on the bottom of the pool. I think that part will need to be tweaked.

The gas company folks are coming out Friday to hook up the gas line then we can get the fire bowls finished.

We had pool school last Saturday and that was a joke of epic proportions. Our "teacher" was stoner dude who never grew out of the 60s. I've never seen such a flight of ideas from a person in a long time! I came prepared with my notebook and pen ready to learn how to run my pool but after an hour and a half of listening to this yahoo I just gave up and walked off. My husband's stuck out and gleaned a few tidbits of info but basically we are going to have to redo pool school in the next week or two. Hopefully my pool guy can find somebody who's a bit more coherent.

Follow the PB instructions for the start-up (you want to be sure you cover yourself in case of any future warranty issues) after that the best Pool School can be found by tapping that button at the upper right corner of this page.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.