Freeze protection for Pentair Superflo VS

Heath,

How old is the pump? Just want to make sure you get the right cable.

Basically the pump provides 5 VDC that is connected to one side of the freeze protect thermostat. The other side of the thermostat is connected back to the pump. So when ever freeze protect kicks in, the 5 VDC passes through contacts of the thermostat and this tells the pump to run. You have to program the run speed using the pump's control panel.

The manual is pretty clear, but I can draw you up a rough schematic is you need it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Heath,

How old is the pump? Just want to make sure you get the right cable.

Basically the pump provides 5 VDC that is connected to one side of the freeze protect thermostat. The other side of the thermostat is connected back to the pump. So when ever freeze protect kicks in, the 5 VDC passes through contacts of the thermostat and this tells the pump to run. You have to program the run speed using the pump's control panel.

The manual is pretty clear, but I can draw you up a rough schematic is you need it.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The pump is 2years, there is a reference in the pump manual for rs485, my pump was manufactured prior to 10/15/2020. I'm hoping the cable they sent me will work, it's not the model I ordered. I ordered the brown 353129z and they sent me the black 356324z. I appreciate any help you can provide.

The black 356324z should work fine in your pump. It just has two more wires connected.

The pre 11/20/2020 SuperFlo VS without RS-485 used Pentair Wiring Kit 353129Z with wires in six of the eight pins. Pentair Wiring Kit 353129Z is now obsolete and is replaced by Wiring Kit 356324Z with wires connecting all eight pins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.