Freeform pool with moss rock water features – Cypress, Texas

Love the color of your water! I'm sure you will get the leaks figured out, that's what the PB does best. :)

Thank you!

The plaster company came out yesterday and did a dye test and they are going to come back out today (hopefully) and reseal a light. Hoping this is what is causing the 500+ gallon loss each day.

They also did spray deck yesterday and are moving the electrical on the pergola right now. Pics later this evening.

They came out and resealed the light, we will see if our water level remains more consistent. Next is the waterfall adjustment since most of the water is running to one side of the rocks. It's been 14 days since we filled so the PB is going to officially balance the pool water, it still doesn't really have any chlorine.

Sprinkler repair is next Wednesday and we need to schedule a landscaper to execute our vision for the rest of the backyard. Updated pics below with the spraydeck down.

So how will they fix the waterfall pattern?

For the waterfall they will add smaller rocks and some mortar to try and redirect the flow. They said they have to do it on most waterfalls they build.

So a real leak inspection company came out today (not just the plaster company) and they took all the drains off the wall we figured was leaking and immediately noticed a missing spot of plaster and put some epoxy there. This winter the PB will come back out, drain the pull to the drain than have the plaster come back and do a more permanent fix.

Net (katchakid) is getting installed tomorrow and sprinklers are going in Wednesday. We have a good idea of what we will be doing with the landscape, just need to find the right company to execute the plan. Almost there just in time for swim season!

So things have slowed down a bit. We got our sprinklers fixed and out net installed. Looks like landscaping will hopefully happen this weekend or early next week.

I've been brushing the plaster everyday but we are starting to get more disappoint with how it turned out. It is visibly splotchy (and there are some white spot streaks, maybe calcium buildup?). It is very obvious at night when the water is still, but not as much during the day when the sun it out and the water is moving around. Is this fixable? Images below of sun shelf and middle of pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
can we get net pics and a review? easy on/off...can you walk on it?

i am leaning that way as well for our safety device

A kid could probably walk on it. It is easier to take off than put on but we do have a pretty complicated pool for it. I think it is the best safety device for young kids (we have a 1 and 4 year old).

Here are some pics:

Reactions: NorCalX
Pool school is Friday but I've been testing the water and it seems out of whack so I've attempted to adjust it. I think PB has just been adding pucks to the chlorinator for now and adding some MA here and there:

This morning:
FC--.5
CYA-20
TA-100
Ph--7.8
CH--225

I added 3 cups of 31.45% MA, and 1 gallon of bleach. Will test again this evening and re-do CYA test just to make sure it is accurate. If CYA is still at 20 I'll buy the nylon sock and add some stabilizer.

Edit: Tested just the FC before I ran out the door and it is at 1.5. Testing again when I get home from work.

Last edited:
I believe your pool will be my inspiration pool! HA! I have been interested in a jumping grotto scenario. I see you mentioned the 6.5' deep end (that is was I was thinking to do too). How shallow is the shallow end? What are the rough dimensions of the pool itself?
I love the spraydeck. I have old concrete that will need to be integrated into the new that surrounds future pool.
Can you give specifics on size of sunshelf and water depth? Have you put chairs on there yet just to test space (lounge or upright)? I would love a decent size sundeck, enough for 2 loungers and an umbrella in the middle.
Sorry for all the questions!

I believe your pool will be my inspiration pool! HA! I have been interested in a jumping grotto scenario. I see you mentioned the 6.5' deep end (that is was I was thinking to do too). How shallow is the shallow end? What are the rough dimensions of the pool itself?

The shallow end is 3.5' deep and gradually goes to 4' deep. From the end of the baja shelf to the end of the pool is where is goes from 4' to 6.5'. There isn't a lot of deep end. The pool is about 42.5' long and has various widths of 17.5' (shallow), 24.5' (middle), and 20' (deep side). The "swim" perimeter is 115'.

Can you give specifics on size of sunshelf and water depth? Have you put chairs on there yet just to test space (lounge or upright)? I would love a decent size sundeck, enough for 2 loungers and an umbrella in the middle.

The baja shelf is 96 sqft (water depth is 12") and has about 8-9' extension from the side of the pool. It is plenty of space for 2 Ledge Loungers and we have an umbrella hole in the shelf.

If we were to change anything, we'd probably add another bench in the deep end.

Reactions: toxdocar
Thank you for the details! Wow and wow!

Not sure if I can have a pool up to 25 feet wide. We are building on a slope and the wider the more retaining wall we'll need.

I'm happy to see your depth arrangement. It is similar to what I was thinking, including not much gradient. Start at 3.5, quickly go to 4. Have that for a while, then a drop of to 6.5 for jumping.

12" shelf.... Are you planning Ledge loungers or chairs? I can't wait to see it all done, umbrellas and all!

@2 SLOW , that is a great looking pool! I love the colors, spa style and the waterfall. Interesting pool net, I really like the fishnet style and it still allows you to see the pool while still being protected. Great choices all the way around.

So who will be the first one in the family to do a cannon ball in the net, forgetting it's still on the pool?

and the neighborhood reminds me of the 2 years I spent living in Cypress, Tx as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.