Freeform pool with moss rock water features – Cypress, Texas

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
I have been reading the forum since we started interviewing contractors but this is my first post. Construction on our pool started 2 weeks ago and it is starting to feel more and more real now.

We have a decent size backyard but wanted to offset our pool some to keep the big side of the yard for "playing". I just ordered the TF100 test kit and I'm looking forward to maintaining some trouble free water.

pool-1.jpg

pool-2.jpg

pool-3.jpg

pool-4.jpg

Reactions: NorCalX and nedbass

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Looking great! I loved your rolled-back spa - a favorite of mine.

Nice signature! (You may have a typo in your signature regarding your Dolphin S500i. It may be an S300i, unless they have supercharged a new version.)

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
Looking great! I loved your rolled-back spa - a favorite of mine.

Nice signature! (You may have a typo in your signature regarding your Dolphin S500i. It may be an S300i, unless they have supercharged a new version.)
The rolled-back spa was one of the easiest decisions! I see what you are saying about the Dolphin, that is what was on our quote but I'm guessing it is the s300i, I'll see what they bring when the time comes.

Looks great, how much room between those steps and the waterfall ledge?

What purpose do they serve?
The will serve as seats, the waterfall ledge comes out enough that you can sit behind it (kind of a mini grotto).

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
That is one a awesome looking pool and yard!!!

What finishes have you picked for the pool?
Thanks! Let me see if I can get this right. Coping is Terrano vein-cut travertine, waterline and rolled edge is Escabesa 1 x 2, split face is "Light" 2 x 4, Wet Edge Luna Quartz St Marteen for the plaster, spraydeck (color TBD) for the new decking and existing patio, and the pergola will be cedar.

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
Now that is going to be PRETTY!!!

What will you put on the stools? sides and tops.
I think the stools will be the Escabesa 1 x 2s (or at least the tops will be), but that is a good question...I need to double check with the pool builder if they will also do the 1 x 2s on the sides.

Phx_Jay

Bronze Supporter
Nov 6, 2017
phoenix
That is a lot of decking. Looks like they did a good job. Between the large water feature, pool, and spa, were you still able to just do one pump?

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
That is a lot of decking. Looks like they did a good job. Between the large water feature, pool, and spa, were you still able to just do one pump?
We have a Pentair Intelliflo VSP (3HP) for the pool and spa. Then a Max-E-Pro (2HP) UR EE for the water features.

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
So we had some inactivity for a little while but the pergola went in last week and they are doing the plaster right now (ended up going with Luna Quartz Aruba).

Last edited:

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Looks great, get some cedar stain on your pergola!!!

We have our Pergola covered with roofing material so it is weather proof.

John

2 SLOW

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2018
Cypress, TX
Looks great, get some cedar stain on your pergola!!!

We have our Pergola covered with roofing material so it is weather proof.

John
Thanks! The patio people are coming back to do a dark stain on the pergola and place a polycarbonate sheet on top of it.

Other Threads of Interest