Freeform in MA

I'll post pictures of the tile when it's done. Today was a rough day for these guys..

They showed up to finish the tile, started off strong. Started raining with a few more sheets to go. Then we got a tornado watch... they did what they could but unfortunately after the down pour we had sheets fall off, grout wash out, etc. I know they'll be back, but I'm just curious how well they can salvage this tiling job.

They tried to tile both yesterday and today and needed to stop due to rain. I feel like the rain water before this stuff fully cures will mean we'll have tile sheets falling off in like 6 months. I'm pretty sure most indoor tile needs like 2-3 days before you can even think about getting it wet.

I know the rain isn't their fault, and I accept that, and I appreciate trying to finish the work before the rain, but again.. they had 1 month of literally no rain to just do this and not back load the work so I have no sympathy.

I'll post pictures of the tile when it's done. Today was a rough day for these guys..

They showed up to finish the tile, started off strong. Started raining with a few more sheets to go. Then we got a tornado watch... they did what they could but unfortunately after the down pour we had sheets fall off, grout wash out, etc. I know they'll be back, but I'm just curious how well they can salvage this tiling job.

They tried to tile both yesterday and today and needed to stop due to rain. I feel like the rain water before this stuff fully cures will mean we'll have tile sheets falling off in like 6 months. I'm pretty sure most indoor tile needs like 2-3 days before you can even think about getting it wet.

I know the rain isn't their fault, and I accept that, and I appreciate trying to finish the work before the rain, but again.. they had 1 month of literally no rain to just do this and not back load the work so I have no sympathy.

Sorry to hear. Rain delays aren't something that can be controlled, but damage from rain is easily avoidable and totally unacceptable IMO. They should have a roll of plastic with them to cover up the freshly installed tiles any time there's even a slight chance of rain.

Sorry to hear. Rain delays aren't something that can be controlled, but damage from rain is easily avoidable and totally unacceptable IMO. They should have a roll of plastic with them to cover up the freshly installed tiles any time there's even a slight chance of rain.

They had it and now it's here, they only covered the dam wall they did yesterday, and not well. Most of what fell was in the spa which they did today

But the grout all around the pool was not protected.
n7JXKos.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regarding the cutting on the sunshelf - Like you said it won't matter since they'll fill it with the plaster but WTH! Why is that necessary?? Just pure laziness....I can't wait until both of our builds are DONE so we can be done with the drama.

Whelp.. maybe good news, maybe lies.. we shall see...

9 pallets of pavers were delivered at 8:30a

I called the PB to ask about moving them around to accommodate my fence/landscaper etc and....

"You're next, depending on if they finish the job they are on today and the rain tomorrow, you're Saturday or Monday."

They'll be out to do Pavers, Equipment, Tiling clean up, Pool prep and then Pebble Sheen is schedule 8/17.

Thought my timelapse of the fill was interesting before? We're going to have one heck of a timelapse showing how you finish a pool from equipment to water in 5 days.

Managing my expectations, but if we really have water in this thing on 8/18 I will be ecstatic that my build with these guys is done.

Okay when adding water to new plaster:,

Put a sock or 3 on the end of the hose to help filter it a little and to protect the new plaster from the metal on the end. You put the end of the hose right by the lowest part of the pool which is the main drain in most cases.

Do NOT stop the flow of water going into the pool until the water is up to the middle of the tile.

Do not fill the spa until after the pool is done. You do not want to have any chance of the water flowing down your new plaster. It could cause streaking.

Do a search for NPC start up card. For some reason I am not able to link to it :( You want the back of the card. Follow these directions, with the blessing of your PB, so your plaster lasts a good, long time!

Kim:kim:

Oh I did not think of that..........hummmmmmmmmmmmm How to keep the force of the water from messing up your new plaster from the force of the water hitting it. Talk to the water tank guys and see what they have in place to protect your new plaster. Maybe they can "fan" the water out so it does not form a hard point of impact.

They start with a diffuser & gravity , when a nice cushion of water forms then they let the truck pumps rip.

I hate to be so cynical but with his build I have to be.................so I am going to tweak your reply a bit:

"They SHOULDstart with a diffuser & gravity , when a nice cushion of water forms then they let the truck pumps rip."

Blazin, at least now you know what to ask for and make sure they have and use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.