Four days later...

Jun 1, 2016
East Coast
3a93fc89c7bae5c9fddbfa76ab3e0a72.jpg

How do I clean the staining on the steps?

Have you brushed? It looks like algae.

Otherwise, will need to wait for the metals experts -----------

Your pool water is not very clear yet but you didn't ask about that.

First, you have to clear the green algae off the steps. brushing into chlorinated water is the best way.

Once the green is gone, you will need to identify the stain.....it is probably iron but we need to make sure.

Put another pic back up when the green is outs there and we'll do a Vitamin C test to confirm it's iron and then go from there.

Your pool water is not very clear yet but you didn't ask about that.

First, you have to clear the green algae off the steps. brushing into chlorinated water is the best way.

Once the green is gone, you will need to identify the stain.....it is probably iron but we need to make sure.

Put another pic back up when the green is outs there and we'll do a Vitamin C test to confirm it's iron and then go from there.

I updated the pic. I posted with the wrong picture for the fourth day. It's much clearer today.

Much better. Chlorine has gotten rid of the algae and what is left sure looks like iron. Take some cheap vitamin C tabs, crush them up in a sock and hold the sock directly onto the stain for 3-5 minutes. If that removes the stain, it is confirmed to be iron. You will need to perform and Ascorbic Acid treatment to get rid of the iron stains. Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

Much better. Chlorine has gotten rid of the algae and what is left sure looks like iron. Take some cheap vitamin C tabs, crush them up in a sock and hold the sock directly onto the stain for 3-5 minutes. If that removes the stain, it is confirmed to be iron. You will need to perform and Ascorbic Acid treatment to get rid of the iron stains. Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.