Floc Liquid Recirculation

Gepool

May 3, 2022
-
Hello to the community!

New user here, brand new 26cubic Litre pool.

Due to a sand-rain my pool became cloudy..Yesterday I used for the first time liquid floc in my pool. Initially by mistake the first hour I "recirculated" the flock (according to instructions) via the sand filter (wrong) and didn't set the filter valve to simple recirculation without filtering (what instruction proposed) since I didnt realised the difference.

After about 2-3 hours I realized what I did and I backwashed and rinse my sand filter.

Of course, I removed the dirt from the bottom of the pool with the vaccum and the valve set to waste.

Did I messed up my sand filter?

Welcome to the forum.
Floc is never recommended for pools. See Flocculant - Further Reading
A Deep Clean of your sand filter is prudent. See Sand Filter Use and Care - Further Reading
You may have to replace the sand. Time will tell.
I wish I have read the article earlier... Seems that I totally messed up. Hope the quick back wash and rinse did some good.

I have now clean to waste all the floc from the bottom of the pool. Tomorrow, prior to start filtering the water I will set my Dolphin S300 to clean the pool as well. After that I will start sand filter filtration.

How long does the flocculant, the chemical itself, is active in the pool water? When it is completely eliminated?

I would not use the robot, the floc can compromise the filters in it.

The Floc will just need to be vacuumed or filtered out.

At the moment there is no visible floc at the bottom of the pool. I have already vacuum the visible floc-dirt to waste by using my Vacuum.

I am just thinking to drop the dolphin S300 in order to eliminate any trails I have missed. Then I will normally start to filter the water via the sand filter.

Does it sound OK?

Sure. What filters are in the robot? I would not use the pleated filters. The wire mesh ones should be fine.

Sure. What filters are in the robot? I would not use the pleated filters. The wire mesh ones should be fine.
Thank you so much for you time. I really appreciate it a lot since it's my first post in this forum.

The robot has a mesh-net filter for bigger particles, leafs, etc and a waved, fabric-like filter for ultra fine dust.

Per my previous question, the floc chemical itself, how long is "active" inside the water? I mean does it loses it strength after 24-48 hours?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.