Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I was reading the section here on how to clean your de filter, it's pretty much how I do it. But it mentioned a "float diverter", I've never heard of, or seen one. Is it necessary? My skimmer has 2 holes, with a flap that you can slide over one or the other. Does that flap take place of the diverter? If so, what position should the flap be? I have a 2" line from drain (2 drains), and a 2" line from the skimmer.

That sliding flap is supposed to close off the main drain so you can use a vacuum plate to vacuum. Without it closed, the pump would draw from the drain and not the vacuum because it's easier. If you plug the vacuum in directly, it doesn't matter.

A float diverter looks like a little flying saucer and it works like this
divertervalve-gif.139429

Reactions: tcat
So if I just have a flap, I close off the drain side, since I have a separate line from the drain to pump.

So if I just have a flap, I close off the drain side, since I have a separate line from the drain to pump.
If the second hole isn't plugged and doesn't go to the main drain, then you need to figure out where it does go. Most likely there's a port a couple feet below the skimmer in the pool wall. That's designed to allow water to enter should the skimmer basket clog. But figure out where it goes so you can set things up properly. Maybe you don't need a diverter..

I'm guessing it does go to the port about 18" down near the skimmer. I'll leave both open. Doesn't seem to effect skimmer flow either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.