Fix or Replace 3 Year Old Motor

Motor comes on for a few seconds then shuts off. I checked for any obstructions and found nothing. I might be able to replace the motor myself but let me know if repairing the motor is a possibility.
That pump has had a severe seal leak for quite a while, based on all the corrosion on the mounting flange. Likely it was making a lot of noise and finally the bearings are so bad that the motor locks up. That's already a replacement motor. What is the horsepower? Do you have automation?

I didn't see a leak before the issue started. The motor does turn at start but shuts off. It's 1 hp dual speed, no automation. Is the capacitor possibly the issue?
Unless there has been a lot of water falling on that motor, the condition of the mounting is always a seal leak. You don't always have to see water dripping. Try a capacitor, it may work. Have you measured the voltage at the high-speed terminals when you send power to the motor. Even if it stops as in the video, there will be power there and it has to be in the 230-240V range, sometimes a bit higher.
What are you using to switch speeds?

1poolman1 thanks for your input. I'm a low level handyman so I stick to easy basic repairs. I just wanted to make sure it's not something really simple before I pay someone to come out. I switch speeds with a toggle switch on the box with the timer . I will give the capacitor a try.​

1poolman1 thanks for your input. I'm a low level handyman so I stick to easy basic repairs. I just wanted to make sure it's not something really simple before I pay someone to come out. I switch speeds with a toggle switch on the box with the timer . I will give the capacitor a try.​

Is it trying to start in the high-speed mode in the video? Try starting it in the low-speed. Sometimes it will. If so, that usually indicates the start windings are gone and it is new-motor time, unfortunately. Two-speed motors are all that good. Time for a variable-speed motor replacement, maybe?

Can you show the motor label?

There is probably a dual run capacitor on top and a start capacitor in the back.

If you replace the back start capacitor, be careful not to leave the wires in the area of the centrifugal switch as they can get snagged by the centrifugal switch weights as they swing out.

You can also check the voltage to see if it is correct for the motor label.