New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
And the verdict is ... it's just ok. Yes, it mixes the water better than my swirling by wrist but I don't really see the need for it. It was "fun" watching the cyclone in the jar. I'll keep it, use it and maybe it'll grow on me but at this point if/when it breaks I wouldn't replace it. I payed $50 for it so hopefully it lasts a while.

What I did like was the graduated cylinders in the TF100 kit, first time using that as well.

Sorry to be a downer on it's use as everyone seems to loves it.

Reactions: Newdude
Sorry to be a downer on it's use as everyone seems to loves it.
It'll likely grow on you. If for nothing else, the consistency. You'll see with the salt test how one drop kinda changes it, over and over and over and it's just so much easier to sit there waiting for a half second until it figures out that it still needs more drops.

Plus, none of us likes change and you were well engrained with swirling. In a couple of weeks, swirling will be change you don't like. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Vinny,

I think you will notice it much more when testing TA, CH and especially Salt... I think it makes testing much more repeatable.

If mine broke today, I'd have another one on my doorstep tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
It'll likely grow on you. If for nothing else, the consistency. You'll see with the salt test how one drop kinda changes it, over and over and over and it's just so much easier to sit there waiting for a half second until it figures out that it still needs more drops.

Plus, none of us likes change and you were well engrained with swirling. In a couple of weeks, swirling will be change you don't like. :ROFLMAO:
That's what I'm hoping for!

I have my first SpeedStir coming today as well. I don't mind swirling and counting, but the darn FAS-DPD powder is annoying. Looking forward to making that part easier.
Although the powder clumps up it dissolves fairly quickly, never really had an issue. I have noticed a little residue on the bottom when swirling.

I think you will notice it much more when testing TA, CH and especially Salt... I think it makes testing much more repeatable.
I think I'll appreciate it while testing salt I, it was much faster as I put in my 20th drop of salt testing reagent and still not changing colors! 🤣

Reactions: Brian PacNW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.