First time pool startup

Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first. As things progress, you will lose less chlorine each cycle and can add chlorine less frequently.
So pools much clearer now. Chlorine at slam level. But seeing some suds. Haven’t added anything besides chlorine. Any idea?

Attachments

• 43BA1D64-9D3E-456A-ACAF-9263A51C9598.jpeg
    43BA1D64-9D3E-456A-ACAF-9263A51C9598.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 10
Should I be checking CC now too? Or not needed until the pool is clear. Just trying to keep FC up to 16ppm is taking a ton of chlorine haha
When pool is clear, then test CC. I think of it this way...SLAM until pool is clear, then do the OCLT. If you pass FC on morning test, then CC test that sample.

When pool is clear, then test CC. I think of it this way...SLAM until pool is clear, then do the OCLT. If you pass FC on morning test, then CC test that sample.
Looks like I may have messed up. Dropping my dolphin to clean the bottom and it’s just caked with grime. I don’t have a vacuum. Should I buy one? Idk how long it would take. Assuming that grime is just sucking up all the chlorine 😔

In my defense I did fish for all of this before starting and nothing came to the surface so I assumed it was fine. My dolphins keeps seizing though from being too full. Assuming if I just cleaned out the dolphin every half hour- it will eventually get clean lol but not the most time conscious method.

Last edited:
Looks like I may have messed up. Dropping my dolphin to clean the bottom and it’s just caked with grime. I don’t have a vacuum. Should I buy one? Idk how long it would take. Assuming that grime is just sucking up all the chlorine 😔

In my defense I did fish for all of this before starting and nothing came to the surface so I assumed it was fine. My dolphins keeps seizing though from being too full. Assuming if I just cleaned out the dolphin every half hour- it will eventually get clean lol but not the most time conscious method.
Have you been brushing the pool? You certainly would have felt it while brushing. Brushing force the stuff into suspension so you can filter it.

Can you post a picture of the "grime?"

Have you been brushing the pool? You certainly would have felt it while brushing. Brushing force the stuff into suspension so you can filter it.

Yes brushing 2-3 times a day

File is too large to upload. Can’t get it to work. But I don’t think I did a good job getting leaves out from bottom. It’s a combo of leaves and green dead Algea creating a sludge

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got it. I’ll just continue cleaning the dolphin until it’s clear
Do you have a net that you can attach to a pole and fish stuff out to help the robot? Otherwise pull the robot out to empty more frequently I have found mine once it gets full to a certain point just starts pushing stuff around so running full 2 hours is often doing nothing towards the end

Do you have a net that you can attach to a pole and fish stuff out to help the robot? Otherwise pull the robot out to empty more frequently I have found mine once it gets full to a certain point just starts pushing stuff around so running full 2 hours is often doing nothing towards the end
Oh mine is getting clogged after like 15 minutes haha. Yeah I just can’t see a single thing at the bottom. So I can’t see where the leaves are. I’ve just been scrubbing the floor.

But yeah I have a net. I can try doing that

But yeah I have a net. I can try doing that
Even if using the net without seeing what you are picking up until it's out of the water, more you get out, faster you will get through the slam. Each year I have tried to put more of an emphasis on getting more of the leaves out sooner and each year I have seen an improvement in time to getting clear.

I have one like this and push it along floor to where i suspect stuff might be and usually come up with a bunch of leaves and other junk

Attachments

• 71r1BorZXiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71r1BorZXiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: newdude
Even if using the net without seeing what you are picking up until it's out of the water, more you get out, faster you will get through the slam. Each year I have tried to put more of an emphasis on getting more of the leaves out sooner and each year I have seen an improvement in time to getting clear.

I have one like this and push it along floor to where i suspect stuff might be and usually come up with a bunch of leaves and other junk
All leaves are gone now

Reactions: CTFocusST

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.