First time pool startup

Yes.

Only if the CYA has room to spare, or you need then for a vacation.

I saw $8 each for singles at WalMart last year.
So just for fun I used the stick as well. It’s showing me a totally different PH level. Any advice there
08A733DB-AD9C-42B3-95B4-68ED576A8EB2.jpeg

Attachments

• DE5A9FB0-B49C-4289-BD4F-C953E5CC0A93.jpeg
    DE5A9FB0-B49C-4289-BD4F-C953E5CC0A93.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 7
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not go to the pool store, do not trust strips.

Trust you drop test kit.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not go to the pool store, do not trust strips.

Trust you drop test kit.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.
Finally! Should I add a bit more muriatic or does this look good to start the slam?

Attachments

• 3EA7E2D8-3C41-4FED-B3EF-55CC4DF066E6.jpeg
    3EA7E2D8-3C41-4FED-B3EF-55CC4DF066E6.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lets Go GIF by The Fast Saga

pH level does not effect CYA.

Yes, your SLAM level is 16 ppm FC if your CYA is 40.
Strange. It was defff 20 3 days ago. I’ve had the filter on and it’s much less green now, would that change CYA? I’ll double check again but yeah. Ty.

Edit- oh wait duh I added stabilizer lol nvm

Or should I do it tonight at sun set. Or doesn’t matter.
Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first. As things progress, you will lose less chlorine each cycle and can add chlorine less frequently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.