SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
FC-7.5
CC-0
pH-8.2
TA-120
CYA-60
Salt-3600

I have been running my SWG during the day as per recommended here and I did this test 30 minutes after the daily 10 hour run (60% output, so 6 hours generation). I am still very new, but this site has been very informative, so I haven’t quite dialed in my chlorine loss and SWG output levels yet. From what I’ve read I think my next steps are to add acid, bringing down pH and TA. My questions are:
1. Do I add only enough acid to come down to 7.2 pH, let pH climb to normal, check TA and repeat process to target?
2. Do I need to add aeration, other than SWG, to increase pH after acid?

No real need to attack the TA. Just lower your pH to 7.6 or so when it gets to 8. Over time, the TA will fall.

Your FC level looks good.

I assume these results are using the TFPro you ordered. If so, update your signature to remove the Leslies kit.

My T-15 will produce 7.05 ppm in a 25,000 gallon pool in 24 hours @100%. At 12,000 gallons yours should be able to make 14.7 ppm per 24 hours at 100%. By this I mean if you run your pump and SWG 24 hours a day @100%, it will produce about this much FC.

Your latitude is roughly the same as Houston. I'm losing 0.7ppm per day to sunlight. If your FC level is where you want it, then you should set your level to 100% * (daily loss ppm / max production) * (24 / pump hours)

Say you run your pump 8 hours per day. 100% * (0.7ppm / 14.7ppm) * (24 / 8) = 14.3% -> 15% setting.

If you want to raise your level, add the amount you want to raise to the daily loss number. Main issue here is you need to figure out how much FC you lose in 24 hours.

Your loss level may be different (sunlight, water temp, shade, CYA level, etc.) Try a setting and see the effect over a few days, taking your FC reading at the same time each day. We should be able to calculate the approximate loss level. And it will change as the water temp and sunlight levels increase.

On my spreadsheet, I have average solar readings that help me make my monthly adjustment. August and September last year I ran 22%, 24 hours a day. I estimated the setting to be 16% in January, but it really only needed 10% (water temp!).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.