First tests using the Taylor K-2006C

koivet

Jul 11, 2021
Canyon Lake, TX
I have been using the LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7 Test Kit. After being informed it is not that accurate for certain tests, I bought a Taylor K-2006C.

I took a water sample today and tested it with the LaMotte first and then the Taylor -- replaced about 2,000 gallons yesterday, so my Chlorine will not be as high as usual. Interesting results:

LaMotte
FCL - 3.90
TCL - 3.90
PH - 7.7
TA - 80
CH - 138!
CYA - 41

Taylor
FCL - 4.0
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
TA - 90
CH - 700! (I think I messed up the test...I can't believe my CH is so high)
CYA - 60

The only aspect of the Taylor that I do not like is the CYA test...filling up the vial until the black dot disappears (too subjective) to determine the ppm...wish it had a "# of drops test" as the other Taylor tests do (with the exception of PH).

Since the LaMotte and Taylor had similar results for FCL and PH, I'll probably stick with the LaMotte for those tests as the LaMotte is much quicker and the FCL test is something I do daily.

Under 10 ppm, FC from the ColorQ should be fine. pH is an easy one so ColorQ is fine there.
TA is good now, but beware that you can get much different results over time with the ColorQ

The CH test is known to be inaccurate with the ColorQ.

Make sure you follow the Taylor instructions carefully for the CH test regarding sample size and drop multiplier.

For 10 ml test, multiply by 25

For 25 ml test, multiply by 10

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.