First test tf100

Whenever CYA's get down below 50, I will start balancing the water.
Great! :goodjob: If at anytime between now and then the water gets cloudy or you see hints of green, let us know. Otherwise, you can refer to all of the TFP recommended levels found in the Pool School page or below from my signature. Have a great day. :swim:

Reactions: Kathy.pearcy
Kathy, I didn't say this earlier but figured I shoud. As you work on your water exchange, remember now that you have removed the chlorine tabs, you have no new chlorine going in the water. Normally we don't like to waste chemicals while draining water, but we also don't want you to get an algae bloom or make one worse. Your water exchange may take a few days. So if you didn't know already, those of us "non-salt" pools typically add liquid chlorine (aka regular bleach) to the water just about everyday. That's how we feed our pool to increase the FC without those stabilizer side effects. So make sure to keep your FC elevated as best as you can, even though some of it will go out into the yard with the drain. If you use bleach, make sure it is NOT splashless or scented unless you want a 10K bubblebath. I would also avoid Clorox brand because they changed their composition a year or two ago and the added polymers that seem to not work well in pools.

How much would you recommend using?
Fc is at 1 before draining
The PoolMath tool tells me that one gallon of 10% bleach increases your pool's FC by 10 ppm. Because your CYA is so high, you can see on the FC/CYA Levels that you could easily add that entire gallon and be safe. But for now, while are draining, I hate to see you waste bleach. But try to keep the FC between 8-10 as best as you can. Once the CYA is adjusted, we'll get all those numbers more steady,

So, after draining and refilling pool, I finally got cya down to 30 from 150. I was amazed at how clear the water is now. My ta and ph and ch are really low now so I am gradually rebalancing. I figured I would start with ta since that will help bring up ph. Am I on the right track?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Adding chlorine at night to target at night should account for the entire next day assuming no excessive bather load (for CYA 30, target is 6ppm, I like to do 1ppm over).

You could add enough now to reach target, test later tonight and re-dose. That would get you started right on track for tomorrow when you can test again in the evening and see how your pool consumes FC during the day.

Reactions: Kathy.pearcy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.