First test results.

So I take that it you can have algae with a pool that is not green? I always assumed that if the pool is some shade of blue or clear than there was no algae..

Since you mentioned it. The pump and filter have been running all day with no sand or "recurring dirt." You would think that would spew out sand with it running all day.

In the beginning of low chlorine levels yes you don't see it.

Also don't forget to brush the pool once or twice daily during the slam.
You might see clear water like now, but after brushing it will be like milk. (dead algae particulate)

Running the filter 24/7 til the slam is done will clear it up soon enough...sometimes it takes 3 full days to do so. (clear the water)
The the slam may take from 1 to 3 weeks depending how bad it is....yours looks like 1 week job.

It's the laterals in the sand filter that prevent sand coming through...also if you forget to rinse for 30 seconds
after back washing sand will come out for a few seconds.

In the beginning of low chlorine levels yes you don't see it.

Also don't forget to brush the pool once or twice daily during the slam.
You might see clear water like now, but after brushing it will be like milk. (dead algae particulate)

Running the filter 24/7 til the slam is done will clear it up soon enough...sometimes it takes 3 full days to do so. (clear the water)
The the slam may take from 1 to 3 weeks depending how bad it is....yours looks like 1 week job.

It's the laterals in the sand filter that prevent sand coming through...also if you forget to rinse for 30 seconds
after back washing sand will come out for a few seconds.

Gotcha,

Had to end the SLAM this evening due to my work schedule. I have had low chlorine levels for awhile now. I have brushed it a few times today. The filter is off now and I am doing an OCLT to see where I stand.

I also have never done a rinse after backflushing because I couldn't read the label on the valve. I was able to research it and now know how to rinse.

Thanks

Ty

I know you are heading to work...........If you have some time to read here are some links for you. I am going to add all of the ones I add for brand new pools owners. You already have a good grasp but I do not want to leave anything out so forgive me if you have already read one of these.

Print these out and keep by your test kit....

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

These are just good links to have:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

What I think is happening is you were just about to have a algae bloom. What you are seeing is the algae you are killing each day as you are keeping one step ahead of the full out bloom.

Once you are off work next plan on doing a full out SLAM with the most important part being M=Maintain the FC at just SLAM level for your CYA.

Be safe at work!

Kim

Will do. Thanks everyone for the help!

I may end up having my wife just dump a large bottle of bleach in the AM and one in the PM for the next two days.. Do you think that may keep up with the "maintain." I only had to add a half of a bottle throughout the day today.

You can't really over chlorinate can you?

EDIT: Taught the wife to do the FC test... Will see how we do for the next two days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I heard she got some bleach on her clothes and bought a whole new outfit!

Yes. Please use only unscented with no additives bleach. Do you know how to read date codes? Here is a link to decode them Understanding Clorox Shelf Life and Decoding Date Codes[/QUOTE

]IMG_1147.jpg

This is one of the bottles. I purchased them from Resteraunt Depot which is a large Sams Club type store. Bought a case of 3 121oz 8.25% for 10.15.

If I am reading this right its from 2011 though? That can't be right... Or would it be Dec 2.. A4- 15 for the year and the 336th day?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.