First test results.

My wife was able to add some today but unable to check it regularly. She doesn't seem to have the drive I do, nor the patience.. I suppose it could be the kids she is chasing around all day as well..

My marathon 48 hour shift at the fire department is ending in the AM so I will be able to check it out in the morning...

I usually work 24h on and then 48h off. I have kids and New Years is not that important to me going out so I worked for another firefighter. He worked for me on Christmas eve.

So after a short nap this morning.. Here are the results.. We stopped the slam last night due to practicality purposes. I will do it again when I have some more time if needed. I will say that this water is the clearest water I have ever seen.. Unfortunately we can now see ALL the deformities to the bottom and how bad it needs a resurface.

FC- 5.5, I tested it as soon as I got home this morning before the sun really hit it and it was at 9. Quite the drop no?
CC- 0
Ph- 7.6
TA- 80
CH- 300
CYA- 50

From this point we will test nightly and add what is needed.

If the FC started out at 9ppm and it dropped to 5.5ppm FC in just a few hours, then someone did the test wrong or you have low CYA in the water or you have a massive FC demand and you need to continue the SLAM. I understand stopping the SLAM because of scheduling problems but the longer you wait to clear a pool, the more liquid chlorine, time and money you waste.

It's up to you to do what's in your best interest but you need time to focus on SLAMing the pool and keeping it up until you pass the SLAM exit criteria. Starting and stopping a SLAM is not an optimal approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.