First test results. Help with raising CYA

Perhaps one of the dirtiest pools we have ever seen on TFP. How long was it neglected?

It will be crystal clear soon if you stay with us. I think your priority right now would be to continually work on that bottom gunk. Are you pushing debris to the main drain and into the filter as was discussed. How is the filter reacting?

Pool is definitely looking better. If the FC is high enough, even ugly water would be OK for a short go. Maybe with a mask and some foam rubber ear plugs, your son could get the remaining bottom crud out. Keep circulating and cleaning the filter cartridges. Go look at page 1 and then your pics from today.

Perhaps one of the dirtiest pools we have ever seen on TFP. How long was it neglected?

It will be crystal clear soon if you stay with us. I think your priority right now would be to continually work on that bottom gunk. Are you pushing debris to the main drain and into the filter as was discussed. How is the filter reacting?

It's been 5 years since the cover was taken off the pool. I literally had a tree growing in the corner of the stairs. We're actually pretty lucky the roots didn't hit the liner.
I actually opted just to hook up the pool vac and hose to a shop vac and suck out the bottom. Our water level was high, and the skimmer will really wasn't being useful. Dumped out a total of about 250 gallons of water. 25 dumps out of a 10 gallon shop vac, lol. I was out there for about 2 hours. Stretch is out in the pool now he actually says the bottom of the shallow end feels very good, not slimy, which is good he says there are a few spots that feel gritty, but I told him to swirl it around and try to kick it up so it gets sucked up by the filter. He is now beautifully scrubbing the stairs with the soft rag. Thanks for gettingme through my slump you guys!

It is way easier said than done, but the sooner the gunk is gone, the sooner you will have the advantage. It’s crunch time and the LooLoos ain’t no quitters.

when I cleared my own swamp this season, I saw it clear before my eyes when the last 20 lbs of crud got vac’d. It went from milk to slightly hazy in a matter of minutes. It was (and will be) smooth sailing from there.

Reactions: LooLooPoolNoob
also LooLoo, it hasn't been mentioned yet. When a newb clears a swamp like you're doing, its a two fold experience. You get your clean pool to enjoy and you skyrocket to get your black belt in pool management. You and your family will have run more tests and adjustments, and will know what they all mean/do, better than some seasoned pros. From zero to PoolFu master in 3 weeks.

Not only will you never let the pool get like this again, but if it gets a skootch on the crummy side, you will laugh as you win that battle one handed and blindfolded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*To the tune of Living on a prayer*

OHHHHH IM ALMOST THERE
WOOAAAAHHHH TFP GOT ME THERE!!!

🎵🎵🎵😍😍🤩🤩🤩😁😁😁😁😁🎵🎵

It's CRYSTAL clear in the shallow end. A little murky in the deep, bit I'm buying a vac plate and vaccing to to filter today. Stretch is gonna be my point man watching the filter pressure and skimmer sock and basket.
I'm in the home stretch!
Supposed to rain all weekend, but OH WELL! no thunder or lightning means I'll be out there. At least it won't be blazing hot!

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_085722756.jpg
    IMG_20200711_085722756.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20200711_085741229.jpg
    IMG_20200711_085741229.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 84
No they have several sizes. Measure the width of the skimmer basket and you should find one that wide. When I was looking for one this season they were different enough to make it easy to find yours. A 5.75 for example wasn’t a 6.25 or an 8.

Last edited:
Ok another question my friends!

We look really like to get a new clamp assembly for our pool filter. I've been looking around and unfortunately it's a discontinued item. Anybody know where to get a clamp assembly for a Hayward superstar clear 3000 (because it's also known as a microclear) filter. The part number is d e x 2400 j, I've been looking online but I keep getting results for something else.

Ok another question my friends!

We look really like to get a new clamp assembly for our pool filter. I've been looking around and unfortunately it's a discontinued item. Anybody know where to get a clamp assembly for a Hayward superstar clear 3000 (because it's also known as a microclear) filter. The part number is d e x 2400 j, I've been looking online but I keep getting results for something else.
I tried to do some searching and came up pretty empty. Inyo lists it as a discontinued item and there’s a Q&A from several years back advising that there is no direct replacement and the recommendation is to replace the entire filter.

I found some used ones on eBay, but they’re not cheap. About $215 with shipping factored in.

Yeah I was finding the same. Ughhh. Well what's your guy's option on the matter? Mr. PoolNoob says the weld on the clamp looks weak and may not last the season.. I'd hate to drop 200 on something and then it last the season and not use it. We're really considering of upgrading the filter system next year because we dont want to keep trying to find parts they don't make anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.