First test number are in!

Not a biggy we can help you fix it.

Let me clarify this 1st so I can assist you accurately: Only the pool builders have added stabilizer, BUT You have not personally added any stabilizer. Is this correct?

If that is the case, go ahead and add enough to raise the level from 20ppm to 50ppm, and we'll see IF any of theirs shows up in the next couple days or if it was all backwashed out. Then you can adjust it higher to the recommended 70-80ppm range after that.

According to my pool math that would be 3.75 lbs. I just bought a 4 lb jug of Clorox stabilizer. If I add that whole thing it would bring it to 60 ppm. Pool won't be open that much longer anyway before winter drain. Think that will work??

It is up to you. 60 could be a little high IF you open to a green pool AND a CYA of 60 next Spring...........It would take more FC to clear it up. BUT you never know what is going to happen over the Winter.

With you having a SWG it is what you want to run your CYA at.

Kim

LOL perhaps you should have used the entire pair of socks, (considering the mate to that one can't be worn anymore anyway, or can it :shock: :laughblue:), and put 2 pounds in each sock?

LOL I bet the weight of it makes you think you've got a big catfish on the end of your line. :)

EDIT:LOL sorry OZ I was typing when you were posting. What OZ ^^^^^^said LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry Kim....I'm still learning! Last question for the night, is there any guess as what my FC should be in the morning, after turning up the SWG this morning, and running it on 80% all day. Just me and the wife in it all day, with the full sun for most of the day.

You ask any and all questions you might have. Even if it is a tiny question just checking to make sure you are thinking right or doing something something the correct way. That is how you learn!

No idea how high your FC will be as every pool is so different. Here is a test I like to do about every other week. It is good for showing if there is something brewing that cannot be seen yet.

Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Kim

No testing today, so here is my question from yesterday's test. PH was 7.8, TA was 120. According to pool math, I should add 44 oz of MA to lower PH to 7.2. Then aerate to lower TA and raise PH to normal levels. I still have a sock about half full of stabilizer hanging in front of jet dissolving. Should I do the MA and aeration now or wait until stabilizer has dissolved? Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

I would wait. It is not advisable to add more than one chemical at the same time. If you periodically squeeze the sock with the stabilizer in it, and kind of shake it under the water side to side in front of the return, it will help it disperse faster.

You can work on the PH\TA while the CYA sock is in the pool. If you want to be on the extra safe side you could take the sock out for the 30 mins. you are mixing the muratic acid into the water.

The main two that you do NOT add at the same time is bleach and muratic acid. They do NOT play well together to the point they cannot be by each other or enclosed with each other in small rooms.

On the most part crackerjack is correct-----one chemical at a time. Some play better together than others.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.