First Test K-2006

Mar 16, 2017
Garland/TX
Hey all yesterday marked the end of my contractor pool startup following my Stonescapes resurfacing and today marked my beginning as a TFP disciple. I think I'm in pretty good shape following my first test results. Is there anything I should be paying really close attention to? Here are the results:

3/31 5:45p
FC = 10ppm
CC = 0
PH = 7.4
CYA = 50ppm
TA = 100ppm
CH = 330ppm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Those numbers do look pretty good!

The FC is slightly high, just keep it above 4ppm (targeting 6-8ppm daily).
Everything else is good.
Long term:
You will want to keep your pH in the 7.4-7.7 range and hopefully your TA will drop a bit.
Due to evaporation, your CH is going to keep climbing making keep the pH in line more important.

H,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners... :testkit:

As Jason has said your numbers look pretty good. But my question is are they going to stay good???

I ask because you already have a CYA of 50 ppm and you don't say how you plan to chlorinate your pool.

If you use 3" tabs, you can expect the CYA to steadily increase to an unmanageable level.

So... how do you plan to chlorinate going forward???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

H,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners... :testkit:

As Jason has said your numbers look pretty good. But my question is are they going to stay good???

I ask because you already have a CYA of 50 ppm and you don't say how you plan to chlorinate your pool.

If you use 3" tabs, you can expect the CYA to steadily increase to an unmanageable level.

So... how do you plan to chlorinate going forward???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I'm going to stock up on bleach in the morning! Disciples don't tablet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.