Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Hi everyone- for the first month of the season I’ve been “pool stored” and couldn’t get my pool clean. Bought a 2006c-salt test kit, and a bunch of liquid chlorine and muriatic acid. Right now after chlorine and acid my pool is absolutely crystal clear. Here are the results from my testing.

FC- 10
CC- didn’t see any trace of pink
PH-8, added acid after the test
TA- 150(really high, I’ve been adding acid and fresh water)
CH- 320
CYA- 70

Did an OCLT and oddly I didn’t lose anything, in fact it went up 2ppm. Did the text twice before bed and had 10ppm FC and this morning did the test twice and got 12ppm. I’m not sure how that’s possible? I did add muriatic acid last night after I did the FC test. SWG was at 0, left pump running.

I’m fairly happy and the test kit was easy to use. Now, should I adjust anything other than trying to get that PH down? Is the best way to just keep putting acid in and letting the fountains run to aerate? Should I adjust anything else?

Thanks

Your numbers are great. Keep aerating and running the fountains and adding acid to get t/a down.

Chlorine could be a testing error. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: PoolStored
TA- 150(really high, I’ve been adding acid and fresh water)
You may want to test your fill water. It could be a contributor to your high TA. If so, there’s not much you can do about it, but at least you won’t be chasing your tail trying to figure it out.

Buy speed stir now don’t think just do it.
x2. I used to think it was gimmicky, but man has it made testing easier and faster. I also recommend the Taylor Sample Sizer. No more pouring out/adding drops to try and get the correct amount of water in the tube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.