First Pool - Jumped in feet first

I'm having a real issue with cutting the corners of these coping stones.
I'm laying them out around the corner with the appropriate over hang. What ever the space is on the back, I'm dividing that by 2 and taking that off the front. Because of the radius being pretty tight, in ending up with the bull nose 3 inch wide and the back is 12" wide. It's not working out to well.
Should I be cutting the stones in half first?
20220605_104003.jpg

Cardboard! Get some big cardboard and use that to make a template. It might take a couple/few tries to get it just like you want. THEN use paper in the size & shape of the coping pieces and play with cutting them and overlapping them until you find just how you want them to be. It will take some effort and time to come up with just the right way to make it happen.

I am going to do some looking to see how other pools with the curved edges and straight coping did theirs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slowly picking away at it.
Got a question regarding mortar.
I was going to be using an S type mortar to secure then in place and I noticed some people put thin set on the back of the paver first. Is there any benefit to doing this?

Attachments

• 20220618_161952.jpg
    20220618_161952.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220618_161950.jpg
    20220618_161950.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220618_161955.jpg
    20220618_161955.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 30
Who are these “some people “ buttering their pavers with thinset?

You sure it is thinset and not a thin layer of mortar?

Who are these “some people “ buttering their pavers with thinset?

You sure it is thinset and not a thin layer of mortar?
I've seen a couple of videos where guys have done both...thin set and mortar.
The reasoning someone said for the thin set was that it would create a better bind between the paver and the mortar. I dunno, didn't make much sense to me

Buttering the paver with mortar I understand.

There is all kinds of information and misinformation on YouTube.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.