First pool ever , initial test results

Your pool would skim a lot better if you turned off the main drain. Or at least only have it open a crack. Pulling from the main drain is not necessary for routine operation of a pool.

Your pool would skim a lot better if you turned off the main drain. Or at least only have it open a crack. Pulling from the main drain is not necessary for routine operation of a pool.
Thank you
My builder seems to have abandoned ship , so I’m learning as I go
Received no operational instruction at all
When would be the time to use main drain fully open ?

I wonder if you accidentally snagged the flexible line while moving around the pad. It looks to be in a vulnerable place easily caught on a foot.

When would be the time to use main drain fully open ?
Rarely, if ever. If you needed to drain some water you can use the main drain to get below the skimmers. But, we recommend you use a sub pump for any draining. Keeps you from accidentally running your pool pump dry and destroying it.

If you are not bothered with the pH rise rate just keep lowering your pH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8. The TA will fall over time.

If you are not bothered with the pH rise rate just keep lowering your pH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8. The TA will fall over time.
[/QUOTE Muriatic Acid
Not familiar with PH rise rate, so i don’t think I would be bothered by it
Should it be a concern ?
Pool Math suggest Muriatic Acid to lower PH
I’ll follow those recommendations unless you have others
Thanks as always

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.