First pool build! Excited but apprehensive. Bid included

I'm going to have to do research on why SWG over chlorinators as well. Make a business case to present to the wife.

Is there a limit to the IntelliCenter relays?

The nice thing about the IntelliCenter is it is modular and you simply add board to expand the number of relays. You are unlikely to need more relays then can be added.

Reactions: nuke_twidget
Equipment list:

Filter-Pentair - Clean and Clear Plus CCP520 520 sq. ft.
-Heater-MASTERTEMP HIGH PERFORMANCE POOL HEATER model460736
-Pump-IntelliFlo VSF
SWG - IC40-IntelliCenter System Load Center i8PS, IC40, Common Load Center (w/ Salt) -- Model Code: 8PSIC40

Got them to upgrade to the 520 filter at no additional charge. The Microbirghts and Globrights are interchangeable at no additional cost to us. They did mention the Microbirghts are more directional vs the Globrights which have a wider beam.

Last edited:
Should I even consider IntelliBrites since I'll be doing the Intellicenter controller?

MicroBrites are the latest model Pentair LED light. All the past models have had reliability issues. The MicroBrites fit in a standard 1.5” pipe that gives you options to change to other manufacturers lights in the future. We have yet to see data on MicroBrite reliability.

Alright, I can deduct $7k from the price for the in floor, SWG is $1695, and going to the Intellicenter is $2300. The Pentair 520 and microlights are no additional charge.
Alright, I can deduct $7k from the price for the in floor, SWG is $1695, and going to the Intellicenter is $2300. The Pentair 520 and microlights are no additional charge.
$2,660 includes the salt cell

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IC40 is more than double your 15k gallon pool so you are definitely good. My builder had never heard of IntelliCenter. I showed them the price and they just charged me cost..no issues. They also never heard of microbrites. Microbrites don’t suck.

Update: Contract signed! Removed IFCS, went with the IC40/IntelliCenter bundle (their also installing a chlorinator as a backup at no additional charge), swapped all lights to MicroBrite, a Pentair 520 filter, 6 jets in the spa with a 2HP pump, separate water feature pump, autofill and overflow, etc. All for under $80k now! Next up, construction photos!

Congrats on pulling the trigger. The one thing I noticed is that you downgraded the pump to a single speed 2HP? I would recommend going back to the VS.

MT,

I assume you mean you got a 2 HP pump for the spa... If you really mean that you are no longer going with the IntelliFlo (3 HP) pump, that is a huge mistake. The IntelliFlo is the only style pump the automation can control. The only other Pentair VS pump is the SuperFlo VS and you cannot control it using the IntelliCenter.. The SuperFlo VS has no RS-485 port.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Make sure you get the extended warranty from pentair(3 years) for bundling all the equipment. You can register online if your PB does not do it.
Thanks for this! The builder offers a lifetime warranty (albeit with a $125 deductible after the man. warranty). I'll make sure I get that done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.