Finished: Build North East Atlanta

orthopod

Gold Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
Braselton, Ga
Ive been a long time lurker, and older member without posting.
We moved into our new construction home, and after building 2 other pools we have learned a lot, also with lots of reading her on the forum.

Our yard is flat, with a sloping hill that we will build a natural stream/waterfall with a grotto and deep end for jumping.

Our Build:

20x40 800 SF free form pool (Not including 200 foot Zero Entry). Around 30,000 gallons (maybe closer to 35,000)
Flagstone Zero Entry with 4 Bubblers, mini LED
Natural Stone Decking 1200-2000 square feet
12-15 ton water feature (large boulder waterfall/stream) with Fire Features flanking the waterfall
Jandy Gas Heater when we need more heat
Heat Pump (yes, dual heat sources)
8 Foot Spa
Wet Edge Primera Stone finish (our kids play HARD, and most pools tear up their feet)
Lower level terrace with Pavilion, Sharing wall with pool at Bar Height. Seats in pool at Bar, Bar Stools on Pavilion Side.
Mini LEDS throughout for even lighting

I'll Post Pics of the Design this week once finalized. And Pics of the Build along the way.

Last edited:
7-8 feet deep at the waterfall so the kids can jump. Then shallow on side of sunshelf/

Our waterfall will be bigger than this, natural rock.
We will not have the greenery pictured here. Water will fill a cavity inside the rocks and flow out, to look natural, there will be several mini falls in the rock buildup.

Attachments

• IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 528
Oh count me in toooooo! ::epds::Looking forward to this one.

Did I miss mention of a chlorination system.....? SuperMondoSWG perhaps?

Maddie :flower:

Our PB uses Jandy Products. Our last pool we had Pentair and was happy.

I think we are going with the Jandy Aquapure. OR do you guys recommend the Aquapure 1400 for this size pool. From all I have read oversizing would be a good idea. I cant find a lot of info/experince with the aquapure?

Was thinking about a Stenner Pump for Acid, because of the waterfall/aeration that will occur.

What do you mean by Supermondo? large?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh yeah... you need a big salt water cell... like a 60,000 gallon size. Only a few make manufacturers make them that size.

Pentair Intellichlor 60
Circupool RJ-60
Pureline Crystal Pure...and perhaps others?

Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Maddie :flower:

thanks for the recs on the SWG. will definately need a larger one then the Jandy.

I like the Circupool RJ-60.

can you control the output/change settings with a jandy controller?

Our PB also uses Jandy but agreed to let us custom order Pentair equipment. Don't be afraid to go that route if you prefer to have all matching, controlled equipment with the big 60K salt cell like the Pentair IC60.

Our PB also uses Jandy but agreed to let us custom order Pentair equipment. Don't be afraid to go that route if you prefer to have all matching, controlled equipment with the big 60K salt cell like the Pentair IC60.

Thanks gorilla....good idea.

HE really likes to use jandy, and Im nervous about the outcome if he uses equipment that he normally doesnt use. I'll take with him.

ANyone ever use a dual SWG setup?

OK we are on our way with the dig. I dont have the yard befor, but they have started grading. The hill to the right has a rise of 10 feet. We have cut ionto it, and thats where the deep end, grotto, rock waterfall will be.
Our selections so far:

1. Belgard Lafitt Rustic Slab Avondale: we were going to go with travertine over concrete, but it looked dirty at everyones pool we visited. We also are going with a very rustic look, and the travertine was a bit formal. The Belgard Lafitt has a nice light brown color, with lighter and darker pieces with a nice texture.
2. Oklahoma Flagstone, lighter colors for the coping. We were going to get templated, cut limestone, but it looked to monotone for us. Almost like a uniform stripe around the pool.
3. Beach Entry: Large Slabs of Flagstone . Oklahoma, lighter . It will go to 18-20 inches deep then steps down into the pool. Bubblers and lighting. Large 2 ton flat boulder in center of beach entry in deeper side, just out of the water with an umbrella hole. This will be known as the "Beer Rock".
4. 8 Foot, Spa, Raised 18 inches, with natural rock spillover
5. 35-40 Ton back wall rock waterfall. This will go in the cutout of the hill seen in the pictures, and go up the hill. Natural filling, with a large flat spillover rock waterfall to jump off of, into the Deep End 8-9 feet deep.
6. Cutout in raised bond beam wall, with water level stairway up to access rock waterfall jump spot.
7. Texas Limestone Bond Beam Wall, tight stacked with no grout lines, and chipped for rough look
8. 4 stools, backing aligned with curved area of pool opposite beach entry. Opposite side of wall here will be patio that is bar height below pool. Covered pavilion with natural beams will hand over pool here 2 feet for shade.
9. Texas Limestone Fireplace
10. Debating a Kitchen (budget keeps climbing- will do kitchen at some point)
11. Equipment: Raypak 406 CuNI Heater. Heat Pump with Chiller Option (likely Jandy- Any Recs?). Variable Speed Pumps. Specifics not entirely decided on pump formation.
12. Salt System: Circupool RJ60 Plus

Attachments

• pool 9.jpg
    pool 9.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 422
  • pool7.jpg
    pool7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 423
Pool Forms Going Up: The Dig is to follow

Pool forms went up today. Glad they did. We have a beach entry that will drop to 18 inches, so we are getting rid of the extra sun shelf, it seems redundant.

Ive been reading a TON on in floor cleaners. I HATE having to have the cleaner hose in the pool (had a polaris), and hate messing with the robot to keep the pool clean. Our PB uses Paramount, and Ive read a lot of good things about it. I know there are a TON of people here that think the robot is the way to go...but I may buck the masses and go In Floor....

Attachments

• pool11.jpg
    pool11.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 390

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.