Finally starting this project.

You don't think they work?
No. I tore mine out. Brand new unit pool store sold me (yeah, me of all people got PoolStored), used less than a month. If you want it, I will sell it for a good price. Pool is EASY to maintain without UV. And I don't have to pay $100s to replace the bulb every year. And replace it every 5-7 when it fails (like mine did when I bought the house...hence the new unit).

More good reading:

Last edited:
You don't think they work? I use them on my fish tanks and the one thing most people do wrong is use too high a flow rate through them.

I agree with PoolStored. He's got you covered on the link to read more.

I'll send you mine if you really want one. Ripped it out within a couple of months. Been darkening a corner in my garage for the past 3 years as I can't bring myself to sell it to anyone else.

UV degrades the chlorine that I am trying to keep in my pool.

I admittedly know nothing about fish tanks but I think you aren't trying to maintain a level of chlorine to sanitize the water in a fish tank, as you are in a swimming pool.

--Jeff

Reactions: PoolStored
Now my problems with the pavers, some caused by bad stucco work. I am trying to get the stucco fixed, but so hard to get anyone to show up these days. The outer-most column is off square more than 3/4" in 15" and must be fixed or the small piece of paver will look like Crud. The pipe closest to the corner is for future slide water supply and is actually going to be capped under the deck. Word didn't get to the installer timely and he notched the paver. The other two are for the lighted streamers being installed next week.

Attachments

• IMG_4242-1.jpg
    IMG_4242-1.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4262-1.jpg
    IMG_4262-1.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4263-1.jpg
    IMG_4263-1.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 30
One more pic today. I finally have on full room of tile, AFTER 2 MONTHS. My tile guy is an artist, who works alone and very slow. The amount of leveling required by my crappy slab has been enormous.
It sure does look nice leading to a mostly complete patio deck.

Attachments

• IMG_4235-1.jpg
    IMG_4235-1.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Wow
Reactions: PoolStored

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more pic today. I finally have on full room of tile, AFTER 2 MONTHS. My tile guy is an artist, who works alone and very slow. The amount of leveling required by my crappy slab has been enormous.
It sure does look nice leading to a mostly complete patio deck.
That looks great!

--Jeff

Reactions: smklaw
Haven't posted in a while as progress has been painfully slow. New pool equipment was installed a few weeks ago. Keeps trying to steer me to the UV instead of the acid injector, either of which will be installed after final inspection. Says that a Stonescape rep visited them last week and and said they were recommending UV and non-salt pools. Said the struggle between the salt cell and the constant acid is never ending in the SW FL weather. Think I will stick with the acid injector.
Pool deck (40%) had to be re-done as the Artistic Pavers were delivered from 2 batches and the colors didn't match. Still not perfect, but acceptable. Stucco was fixed/straightened out. The pool cage was done last month, but the gutter was overflowing in heavy rain. I put a laser on it and it dipped in the middle of the long run. They pulled it off the house and re-fastened it with a proper pitch and the overflowing stopped. Well, it still had a dip in it and water would drip from several spots all day long, which meant it had a big puddle in it. They finally got it right the 3rd time. Of course the doors are incorrect, but they have ordered them and will install after final inspection.
My Stonescape material was delivered yesterday, but due to rain they could work yesterday so now I'm on schedule for Tuesday.

IMG_6017[1].JPGIMG_6024-1.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5229.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5599.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good week.
Stucco on columns redone straight.
After 4 tries to get the super gutter with a proper pitch and screws sealed its done. Got help and moved all the outdoor kitchen equipment off the patio (way behind schedule). Pool finish went on Tuesday and water went in Wednesday. Had to redo a row of tile before finish went on and a couple of little fixes where the finish was over the tile after it was done. They forgot to tighten the connections at the pump so probably 150 gallons leaked out overnight until I saw it in morning. No biggie
They left the pump off the first night and there was enough evaporation to drop the jucuzzi water a couple of inches which left some white material on the glass on the top of the jacuzzi walls. It won't easily brush off, but they assured me they will handle it. They are brushing it daily and I am starting brushing it a 2nd time today.
One more issue noted today when their guy was there to add the bubbler covers and check the water parameters- of the 3 waterfalls, only 1 is coming out parallel to the wall of the pool. Its hard to describe and I forgot to take a quick video this am, but will tomorrow. Its like they are coming out of the wall at a slight angle so that the waterfalls are maybe 15-20 degrees off of parallel. He tried clearing debris but didn't seem to help much.
Lots of pics coming

Attachments

• IMG_6051-1.jpg
    IMG_6051-1.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6042-1.jpg
    IMG_6042-1.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6039-1.jpg
    IMG_6039-1.jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6024-1.jpg
    IMG_6024-1.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6017-1.jpg
    IMG_6017-1.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 17
More pics
The water guy told me it was simply drinking water without any added chemicals. I thought bleach for sure?

Attachments

• IMG_6132-1.jpg
    IMG_6132-1.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6128-1.jpg
    IMG_6128-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6126-1.jpg
    IMG_6126-1.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6118-1.jpg
    IMG_6118-1.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6108-1.jpg
    IMG_6108-1.jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6107-1.jpg
    IMG_6107-1.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6099-1.jpg
    IMG_6099-1.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6082-1.jpg
    IMG_6082-1.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6073-1.jpg
    IMG_6073-1.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6071-1.jpg
    IMG_6071-1.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 18
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.