Finally Done!!

clbodner

Gold Supporter
May 21, 2017
Port Washington, NY
I started this pool build back in October of 2017. We hot some snags with permit delays, design changes and the NY weather. Pool was finished by December, but the entire rest of the yard couldn't get started till we thawed out in late March early April. Even then, a few other delays (stone company never delivered pavers for 2 weeks), granite custom finishing etc. However, now thats its all finished, my wifes dream of having a pool is completed. I plan on sitting poolside with my tequila often. The pool has an automatic cover as well to keep in the heat when we want to go swimming in November dare I say, possibly December. We built a natural gas firepit as well as an outdoor kitchen for entertaining. Have to say, we have essentially been out here every day unless it rains or were not home. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts. if you have questions, let me know!

IMG_4045.jpgIMG_4044.jpgIMG_4041.jpgIMG_4040.jpgIMG_4046.jpgIMG_4050 2.jpgIMG_4089 2.jpgIMG_4031.jpgIMG_4036.jpgIMG_4042.jpg

corey bodner | Flickr

So we looked at a lot of stacked stone but we went with a company called Norstone. I believe they are based in FL. Its a natural basalt stone. It has a staggered look. They also had an option to have it flat but those are individual pieces vs. panels which I had. We did an L shaped layout for the kitchen. Blaze 40 inch LTE grill, Lion ice chest/sink, Blaze Ice Maker(VERY KEY- probably the most underestimated item in outdoor kitchen), Blaze trash bin, Blaze access door and drawers, Summit 24" fridge. I was going to have a pergola built but I thought it was too bulky in my small space. My entire backyard is only 33 x50. I used a 8.5 X 11 Umbrella. Does the trick!

Beautifully designed and executed.... Love the color scheme! Congrats and enjoy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everything looks absolutely fantastic! Love all of your choices. Is it a sports depth? Are you getting bar-stools for around the bar? We have a little bar setup in our backyard that has 4 stools, it's where everybody seems to congregate. Every party we've had so far we have to run in the house and grab our bar-stools from in there for extra seating! I will be ordering more outdoor stools soon, lol. Enjoy!

Thank you all for the great feedback. We were looking for sleek, modern look. Our backyard is only 33x50 so we really had to lay out the space right. That fence just came out. Had I tried and finished up back in Nov/Dec, I was going with a vertical bufftech fence. This new Bufftech Brookline fence just came out in February. We wanted horizontal lines to keep it more inviting and relaxed (horizon look). The wood grain looks so real and is not painted like many other fences, it’s actually etched in.

This pool starts at 3.5 ft stays flat for 8 feet and Hen goes down to approx 6 feet 2 inches. Funny you ask about the bar stools. We also use our indoor bar stools. They look great outside but they are definitely not weather proof. We essentially ran out of budget, (no financing here). We will either 3/4 chairs when we do. So far nothing we really like. Either but your right it is a gathering area.

That neighbor with the lime green fence has been a thorn in my side since this project started.

Really, really well done. Excellent taste. I like the fire pit, and the furniture. All excellent. Congrat's. Feels good, right?

But married? And you think you're "Finally Done!!" Well that's just adorable... ;)

Really, really well done. Excellent taste. I like the fire pit, and the furniture. All excellent. Congrat's. Feels good, right?

But married? And you think you're "Finally Done!!" Well that's just adorable... ;)

Now that’s just plain funny [emoji16]

All the patio clearance sales are starting. Lowe’s has a bunch of stuff like chairs on sale. Keep your eye out and a deal you cant refuse that will work for your bar may present itself.

Can I ask you with the merlin island granite liner, did you water color at end of day appear more aqua or light blue. Photos and screens skew things. I am not sure to go grey family or light tan family to achieve the turquoise or aqua water color. I don't want a border so choices are more limited. I like the look of this liner but not sure what color it would appear at end of day. Our pool is large and has deep end and has sun exposure. So just wondering how you would describe end result please

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.