Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m sure I’ll still be bombing the forum with a million questions but THE POOL IS UP, running, (almost) balanced, and I am one happy little lady! :) After today we are supposed to have a stretch of beautiful weather for about a week. Summer semester ended yesterday....you know exactly what I’ll be doing!! Thank you to everyone who helped me! If it wasn’t for this forum my pool would probably be green, unlevel (probably to the point of collapse eventually), and who knows what else. I love TFP!!!!! I’ll still be asking annoying questions probably daily but I wanted to show our new pool! Having some nice stones delivered to put around the pool to help with drainage, will hook up the thru the wall skimmer (right now we are using the basic Intex surface mount one and it’s doing a great job) and getting a bigger and sturdier ladder until next spring when we expand the deck, etcFDD5FDF0-9F49-4B8E-9D3F-12227807949A.jpeg.

Time to blow up my million floats! YAY!!FAC669AB-D5D8-41E9-8FAC-B3E3190DD1D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you!! And oh I will!! After the ground prep, installation, frustrating chemicals, and having to study and take my finals, I now have until Fall before nursing school begins to enjoy it. All sunshine and temps in the 80s after today.... I foresee lots of swimming, floating/tanning, and day drinking the rest of the summer! Better late than never! ??‍♀️ Cheers!

Reactions: Lisbek
You must admit these pools look so much better when they are level! Not to mention safer. The hardest part is the foundation for which any pool sits on! It's got to be dang near perfect!

Congratulations and good luck with your schooling. You've definitely got job security. I turn the news on every morning and say... job security every time I see a shooting. I've got a pretty sick n morbid sense of humor. It's a gift from working in prison. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Yes I do. Chlorine, pH, and CYA are near perfect. Alkalinity is another story. Wayyyy too high. Other than that everything is pretty balanced. Just need to get the TA down to 90 at most! It was high before I even added any chemicals.

Your pool looks amazing! Nicely done!

I want to note one thing though. I suggest disabling the "Intex Air Jet". It is aerating your water, and will push your pH up. Especially if as you say TA is high.

The cap they provide hardly disables it. I had to take mine off completely and put a piece of Flex tape over the hole to get it to stop making bubbles. I just pressed the flex tape over the edge of the hole securely. I'm hoping it won't leave any gooey junk so I can use the air jet when I need to push pH up but I've also got goo removal liquid if it does leave goo.

Pool looks great. Enjoy it! My pool is pretty level. Within maybe an inch but thats with using some wood pieces to level the posts. The ground isnt very level but didnt consider that as the previous one sitting there was an inflatable ring style and didnt need leveling per se. Next year i will definitely prep the ground and make it as good as i can before setting pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Next time I see one of the blowups on clearance I’m going to get one so I can do it spongebob style. Float on a float in the blow up pool which will be floating in the real pool. I started with the little blowup pool. The big pool doesn’t get me any more wet than the little one did. They are all special.

I’m too scared to use my kiddie pool as a float haha not even sure if it’s possible! It’s still up right now just to keep the floats in (and because I’m too lazy to drain it but I keep it chlorinated and use a net skimmer for bugs/debris). Trust me, it is coming down soon as soon as we get the garage cleaned out. Husband is THRILLED, let me tell you lmao

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.