FINALLY!! All the hard work and crying paid off!! *pics!*

LMAO!!!!! I don’t think my pool is big enough and I don’t have enough friends ????

That sounds like a road trip invite !!! And we can take my original pool in a pool idea and modify the parameters. We can eat pizza..... ON a pizza (in a pool). Good times will be had.

My daughter's bucket list for the summer is to float a kiddie pool in our pool and watch a Netflix movie while staying dry. She wants to do with 2-4 friends. We don't have a kiddie pool, but 2 of our neighbors do that she's been eyeing.

I have no idea how well it'll work. I'll just keep the TV a safe distance until they get settled.

My daughter's bucket list for the summer is to float a kiddie pool in our pool and watch a Netflix movie while staying dry. She wants to do with 2-4 friends. We don't have a kiddie pool, but 2 of our neighbors do that she's been eyeing.

I have no idea how well it'll work. I'll just keep the TV a safe distance until they get settled.
They'll make me explain things...

I like big FLOATS and I cannot lie! ????

P.S. Sadly, I have about 4 more not pictured. ??‍♀️ I have issues lol

I'm right there with you. So. Many. Floats! They're just too cute! ? No one here actually uses them though. We all end up on noodles so we can be in the water instead of on it, and the floats just float around getting in the way until someone throws them out of the pool. The noodles, glitter balls, and sparkly drink holders seems to be the favs for all ages here, but I keep buying floats anyway. ☺️

@S-Merry That’s why you buy the floats with the mesh center! You get the best of both worlds lol you get to keep cool by being IN the water while still relaxing on top of it! :) I have an eggplant one (shown in photos) and an avocado one! ??

Reactions: S-Merry
I like big FLOATS and I cannot lie! ????

P.S. Sadly, I have about 4 more not pictured. ??‍♀️ I have issues lol

EDIT: I lied.... I just ordered 3 more. I need an intervention, y’all! Lol!View attachment 113567
Your floats are going to have a pool party. :laughblue:
Your pool looks great!

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some pics from last week when water was 80 to 85 degrees and amazing! I regret not staying in it ALL DAY on those days now. :(

AB0AEF51-6FD4-4ABE-8E73-D851A84CA957.jpegBD262607-25D9-4D6D-82C1-5886F0C8ED2B.jpegF5802B9F-1147-4CFC-892A-8DE57168BDC2.jpeg
My new feline friend, Merlin, on my fence lol! :) He blends in!

A56DE3E4-8B48-4F17-B7CA-1FDD41685962.jpegC6A6A282-1031-475F-9BFF-E5BA22848AEF.jpeg

Last edited:
I am having a mini-meltdown! Temperatures in Central Ohio have been dropping to 57-60 degrees at night and current water temperature is only 70 degrees. I’m getting seriously depressed about this lol. Would buying a cheap solar cover prolong my season an extra 2-3 weeks? Highs are going to be low 80s next week with a couple 75-78 degree days thrown in there. Obviously I’ll be spending more time floating versus swimming in these temps but I’m wondering if a solar cover is worth it at this point in the season lol. I should’ve asked this a few weeks ago. Just imagine my meltdown when it’s closing time. You all will probably want to ban me from TFP lol!!

Sincerely,

The (sad) Float Queen

I feel your pain KB. We had a couple of hot days last week and then the weather went from 85 to 65 like it saw a state trooper.

• Sad
We use our solar cover whenever the temps are supposed to get below 80 overnight. :eek:
It has really kept the water from getting too cold. Its now at 77. Temps during the day got to 82 but forecast is only high 70's during the day tomorrow, so the cover goes back on. With all this rain, I have only added water to the pool once all summer even with backwashing and vacuum to waste a few times.

Summer, please stay awhile longer!!!! Pretty Please!!! :thumleft:

Summer arrived today here, it's 94 at 4pm and supposed to go up another 2 degrees today. It'll be here till tomorrow for the first day of school, forecast is 94. Then down to low 80s for the next week. The pool was at 72 last night. No one has swam for well over a week, almost two now.

All the teenagers want to swim tomorrow after the first day of school. I finally get to dose up for bodies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.