FINALLY!! All the hard work and crying paid off!! *pics!*

IL_WS

Sep 18, 2012
IL, NW of Chicago
My daughter's bucket list for the summer is to float a kiddie pool in our pool and watch a Netflix movie while staying dry. She wants to do with 2-4 friends. We don't have a kiddie pool, but 2 of our neighbors do that she's been eyeing.

I have no idea how well it'll work. I'll just keep the TV a safe distance until they get settled.

• Love
Reactions: kb109 and Newdude

Lskul60

May 29, 2019
Long Island
My daughter's bucket list for the summer is to float a kiddie pool in our pool and watch a Netflix movie while staying dry. She wants to do with 2-4 friends. We don't have a kiddie pool, but 2 of our neighbors do that she's been eyeing.

I have no idea how well it'll work. I'll just keep the TV a safe distance until they get settled.
They'll make me explain things...

S-Merry

Bronze Supporter
Jul 11, 2017
Minneapolis
I like big FLOATS and I cannot lie! 😂😂😂😂

P.S. Sadly, I have about 4 more not pictured. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have issues lol
I'm right there with you. So. Many. Floats! They're just too cute! 😂 No one here actually uses them though. We all end up on noodles so we can be in the water instead of on it, and the floats just float around getting in the way until someone throws them out of the pool. The noodles, glitter balls, and sparkly drink holders seems to be the favs for all ages here, but I keep buying floats anyway. ☺

Reactions: Newdude

kb109

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
@S-Merry That’s why you buy the floats with the mesh center! You get the best of both worlds lol you get to keep cool by being IN the water while still relaxing on top of it! :) I have an eggplant one (shown in photos) and an avocado one! 😂😂

Reactions: S-Merry

kb109

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
Some pics from last week when water was 80 to 85 degrees and amazing! I regret not staying in it ALL DAY on those days now. :(

AB0AEF51-6FD4-4ABE-8E73-D851A84CA957.jpegBD262607-25D9-4D6D-82C1-5886F0C8ED2B.jpegF5802B9F-1147-4CFC-892A-8DE57168BDC2.jpeg
My new feline friend, Merlin, on my fence lol! :) He blends in!

A56DE3E4-8B48-4F17-B7CA-1FDD41685962.jpegC6A6A282-1031-475F-9BFF-E5BA22848AEF.jpeg

Last edited:

kb109

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
I am having a mini-meltdown! Temperatures in Central Ohio have been dropping to 57-60 degrees at night and current water temperature is only 70 degrees. I’m getting seriously depressed about this lol. Would buying a cheap solar cover prolong my season an extra 2-3 weeks? Highs are going to be low 80s next week with a couple 75-78 degree days thrown in there. Obviously I’ll be spending more time floating versus swimming in these temps but I’m wondering if a solar cover is worth it at this point in the season lol. I should’ve asked this a few weeks ago. Just imagine my meltdown when it’s closing time. You all will probably want to ban me from TFP lol!!

Sincerely,

The (sad) Float Queen

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I feel your pain KB. We had a couple of hot days last week and then the weather went from 85 to 65 like it saw a state trooper.

• Sad
Reactions: kb109

S-Merry

Bronze Supporter
Jul 11, 2017
Minneapolis
We finally broke down and put our solar cover on this week after leaving it off all summer. I don't know if they help to gain heat, but they do help hold it once you have it. There's also less dirt in the pool when we use it, so that's a bonus.

Reactions: kb109 and mariane

mariane

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
We use our solar cover whenever the temps are supposed to get below 80 overnight. :eek:
It has really kept the water from getting too cold. Its now at 77. Temps during the day got to 82 but forecast is only high 70's during the day tomorrow, so the cover goes back on. With all this rain, I have only added water to the pool once all summer even with backwashing and vacuum to waste a few times.

Summer, please stay awhile longer!!!! Pretty Please!!! :thumleft:

frogabog

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Summer arrived today here, it's 94 at 4pm and supposed to go up another 2 degrees today. It'll be here till tomorrow for the first day of school, forecast is 94. Then down to low 80s for the next week. The pool was at 72 last night. No one has swam for well over a week, almost two now.

All the teenagers want to swim tomorrow after the first day of school. I finally get to dose up for bodies.