Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Moved from here.
Hello all.. I know this is an old thread, but we have the exact same problem, and if anyone can share a photo of their solution it would be MUCH appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally just grab a small piece of flexible packing foam. A 1 inch by 2 inch piece will do. Just stuff it in the turning mechanism. It will keep the handle from vibrating. Might take a turn or two to settle it into place.

Literally just grab a small piece of flexible packing foam. A 1 inch by 2 inch piece will do. Just stuff it in the turning mechanism. It will keep the handle from vibrating. Might take a turn or two to settle it into place.
Oh - I wasn't thinking of that. I was thinking of the o-ring/electrical tape inside the housing solution. I thought that was where the vibration was coming from. We have a soda keg so stole the o-ring to try that. So far so good. If that doesn't work we'll try the foam in the turning mechanism thing. I'm also calling the pool builder because all the Hayward equipment is still under warranty, and I saw one place on the internet where they said Hayward replaced a warped filter housing...

Reactions: borjis
If it's a Hayward sand filter, keep an eye out for any leaks along the seams. They made a bad batch a few years back and several folks have had them replaced free of charge, even out of warranty.

Everything is good one day then a crack can develop along the seams, even if it was all installed correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.