Filter pressure

Sep 13, 2007
Hi,
I have a 4-cartridge filter and it seems that I need to clean the filter x2/month in the summer to keep the pressure at 17-21 or so. I do notice that when the solar heating turns on, the pressure goes from 17 to 30. I assume this is normal when the solar heater is active. Thanks in advance.

You should measure the filter pressure with solar off and clean the filters when pressure rises by 25% from the clean pressure.

How large are the filters?

If you are cleaning a large filter that often, it could be an issue with your chemistry. Post your latest test results. Are you using an TFP recommended test kit?

Jv,

I clean my 4-cartridge filter twice a year and probably could go a whole year in between cleanings...

Is your water cloudy or green?

I'd say it is almost a given that you have a chemical issue and not a filter issue.

Suggest that you read through our Pool School and see what we are all about. Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

Thanks,

Jim R.

You should measure the filter pressure with solar off and clean the filters when pressure rises by 25% from the clean pressure.

How large are the filters?
***I believe the filters are 26" by 7"

If you are cleaning a large filter that often, it could be an issue with your chemistry. Post your latest test results. Are you using an TFP recommended test kit?
***I will need to get a TFP kit and post the results

Jv,

I clean my 4-cartridge filter twice a year and probably could go a whole year in between cleanings...

Is your water cloudy or green?
***The water can get a little cloudy the day after we swim but if no one swims in during the week, the water is decently clear.

I'd say it is almost a given that you have a chemical issue and not a filter issue.
***I'll have to be more thorough with the chemical balance and report my findings.

Suggest that you read through our Pool School and see what we are all about. Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.